• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign Vonn Bell

TheSpecialJuan

9 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

So in a 3-4 base I'm thinking:

Brown - Tuttle - ???

Burns - Shaq - Chinn - Luvu on early downs / Burns - Shaq - Luvu - Haynes on obvious pass rush downs?

Horn - Woods - Bell - Jackson

Generally agree but obvious passing downs would have 1 or 2 more DBs than just the 4. I can see Chinn playing a fair amount of joker/nickel though I'm not sure that's the ideal spot for him, especially matched up on a WR. He can cover a TE or most HBs.

2 minutes ago, OnlyPantherFaninMaine said:

Bet we see Chinn put on 10-15lbs in this defense and be a game wrecker along the line of scrimmage moving forward. Needs to be involved in the run game and rushing the passer on blitz packages. 

Navarro Bowman who is super close to Chinn is style and mass (a bit stockier), played amazingly in a Fangio D (w/Evero as an assistant) in SF. 

I see how him and Willis did together, and it makes me confident Shaq-Chinn could work 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Bear Hands said:

Navarro Bowman who is super close to Chinn is style and mass (a bit stockier), played amazingly in a Fangio D (w/Evero as an assistant) in SF. 

I see how him and Willis did together, and it makes me confident Shaq-Chinn could work 

But also, J Rod mentioned the Ramsay type role that the Rams made.  I think we may very well be seeing something similar done for Chinn.  Exciting regardless.  Talented defense just got better in my estimation.

• Pie 1

Love it, feels like a nice 2 for 1 signing in that it also addresses LB need by moving Chinn back there, where he should be more impactful player.

I know he was already a LB  as a rookie, but I would love to see Chinn seek out TD this offseason to pick his ear about moving from Safety to LB and putting on good weight to do it the right way.  Can't think of a better person or player to help guide him there.

Edited by tukafan21
  • Pie 2

not sure I understand the concerns over Chinn? Chinn isn't really a player you lock into any one position and we were stupid to have done it last season. You put him on the field near the LOS and let him make plays. Reminds me of how people used to talk about basketball before dudes like Giannis started coming around. On run downs we could have Chinn in a box safety role with either Woods or Bell overtop (this admittedly isn't ideal; you'd think we have tried for a more rangy FS type but I dunno what the market looks like for those sorts of players) and a more traditional LB beside Shaq in the middle. On passing downs you can stick him at LB and let him run and stuff someone short of the sticks. It's not like we have to have every player on the field at once. 

Edited by beo

12 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

He’s at 315

11 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

His playing weight is more 315-320 and not 300. 

Ah, I was just going off profootballreference.com. Still, 315 is also a bit light for NT to my recollection. We’ll see. Maybe they have him add a bit more weight too.