• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign Vonn Bell

TheSpecialJuan

41 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

There's the buddy Woods needed back there with him in the 2 deep.

They will all be useless if we don't have a consistent pass rush and the ability to stop the run. I like Vonn Bell as a player but I've seen too many defenses with All-Star secondaries flail around because the front 7 was garbage. We need another pass rusher/anchor at OLB and we need a 0 tech. Marquis Haynes will get washed out one first and second downs but he has elite potential as a pure pass rusher.

What I wouldn't give to have Hasaan Reddick back. The one that got away, for nothing. 

• Poo 1

7 minutes ago, joemac said:

I keep seeing this “move Chinn back to LB talk”. Was he ever listed on the roster as an LB of any sort? I don’t recall that. I remember him playing down in the box a lot but I thought he was still listed as a SS?

Whatever they labeled him as it was the proper way to use him. People knew this before he was even drafted. Chinn is at his best when he's actively engaged and not sitting in space dissecting what comes next. His ball skills and athleticism are strengths that help define his value and teams will need to find ways to put him in position to utilize both without exposing his inconsistent field awareness. He might find a future role as a big nickel or a cover linebacker who can drag tight ends around the field in sub-packages.

8 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

They will all be useless if we don't have a consistent pass rush and the ability to stop the run. I like Vonn Bell as a player but I've seen too many defenses with All-Star secondaries flail around because the front 7 was garbage. We need another pass rusher/anchor at OLB and we need a 0 tech. Marquis Haynes will get washed out one first and second downs but he has elite potential as a pure pass rusher.

What I wouldn't give to have Hasaan Reddick back. The one that got away, for nothing. 

Well we signed a linemen to start things off and are in hour 4 of the FA, let's see what happens.  Plenty of road ahead.  The house hasn't even landed on the witch yet.

• Pie 2

Looks as though the Panthers are going defense in free agency--a front end and back end player.  I am interested in this addition because it could mean that we will not need 3 CBs as much--our CBs are rather fragile.

As for those of you talking about the weight of DT Shy Tuttle  in a thread entitled, "Panthers sign Vonn Bell"  bless your hearts.

• Pie 2

Panthers signed S Vonn Bell, formerly of the Bengals.

After spending the last three seasons in Cincinnati, Bell is now headed to the Panthers to help tighten up a pass defense that allowed the 10th-most passing yards last season (227.5) while ranking 29th in PFF coverage grades (54.2). While never being named to a Pro Bowl or All-Pro team, Bell has been one of the best safeties in the league against the run, and also totaled a career-high four interceptions last season.

• Pie 1

Heres my Bell story.(i like the signing, depending on $$$).

Before, why did he miss games last year, I could not find injuries. He played in 9 games, confused. 

Bell story- in the draft Bell passed on all the 3 cone, 40, etc etc. Sean payton sorta wanted him and texted him "How can I draft you if I dont know your athletic numbers??" Bell did them all and sent the videos to Payton. The Saints then traded up(i think 3 picks) with the Pats, in order to draft Bell.  

Bell is solid at about every role for a safety- box, deep, biltz, etc. 

I need to see the figures, but hes a better woods in simple terms. 

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Heres my Bell story.(i like the signing, depending on $$$).

Before, why did he miss games last year, I could not find injuries. He played in 9 games, confused. 

Bell story- in the draft Bell passed on all the 3 cone, 40, etc etc. Sean payton sorta wanted him and texted him "How can I draft you if I dont know your athletic numbers??" Bell did them all and sent the videos to Payton. The Saints then traded up(i think 3 picks) with the Pats, in order to draft Bell.  

Bell is solid at about every role for a safety- box, deep, biltz, etc. 

I need to see the figures, but hes a better woods in simple terms. 

CDF8EF97-CF64-4015-8A63-18E4C38BE526.jpeg.02705bb5a5718fc1a391ea8a20a0419e.jpeg

Where are you seeing 9?