• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Florio crying like a b about the trade getting announced on a Friday

JawnyBlaze

9 minutes ago, frankw said:

I'm a Corral skeptic now unfortunately but even I have to acknowledge he's only played one preseason game under Matt Rhule against a Ron Rivera coached team looking to send us a message. Simms can be hit and miss but using this against him so early is silly.

You have to also acknowledge our new staff with tons of QB experience is trying to get rid of Corral for a “ham sandwich.”

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, ECHornet said:

You have to also acknowledge our new staff with tons of QB experience is trying to get rid of Corral for a “ham sandwich.”

Typically when a new staff enters the picture they don't keep around the previous regimes QB unless he's a bona-fide star. He's still recovering from injury so that hurts his already lowered value thanks to Matt Rhule. It sucks but that's how it goes in the NFL.

Lawrence would be the number one guy this draft and it wouldn't particularly be close. I think Stroud and Bryce certainly are as close as those other guys. Bryce's only ding is being too small. I think he is a great prospect and would take him in a heart beat.

1 hour ago, ECHornet said:

lol

Yea, Simms has a pretty decent track record and you're right that they all will miss on some. Corral's performance before his injury didn't exactly inspire confidence though.

What performance? The couple snaps behind a Rhule 3/4 string squad?!

Nobody has seen Corral in ANY meaningful NFL snaps, not with first or second string NFL caliber players.

EC, you know better than the knuckle draggers.

Corral hasn't played a down in a NFL game, NOT even ONE. Any judgement is without prejudice and conjecture at best.

• Pie 3

Just now, rippadonn said:

What performance? The couple snaps behind a Rhule 3/4 string squad?!

Nobody has seen Corral in ANY meaningful NFL snaps, not with first or second string NFL caliber players.

EC, you know better than the knuckle draggers.

Corral hasn't played a down in a NFL game, NOT even ONE. Any judgement is without prejudice and conjecture at best.

I’m biased bc I badly wanted and expected Howell when we traded up. Still do. 

Why don’t you think our current staff is willing to give him a look as at least a backup?

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, ECHornet said:

I’m biased bc I badly wanted and expected Howell when we traded up. Still do. 

Why don’t you think our current staff is willing to give him a look as at least a backup?

Like I pointed out Scot had a post from league sources that said he wasn't being shopped but phones would be ringing.

Corral would be better off here being a back up to Stroud, training under Reich and McCown, actually having groomed a starter and a backup for us is THE best thing this staff can do for the long term stability of this franchise.

Matt Corral is on a cheap contract and is a former blue chip and outstanding college QB.

No reason to throwing away a good player carelessly.

• Beer 1

17 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Scot had a post that debunked that. That was misinformation.

Thank you. Just because somebody wrote an article that the staff wants to get rid of Corral doesn't make it true any more than the articles that say we are taking AR at pick no. 1. They are equally stupid but some on here will believe any rumor that backs up their uninformed opinion.  

• Beer 1