• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More from Albert Breer

Mr. Scot

Some additional background details on the trade that make it sound like we actually got the price that would have been expected for a top five team rather than a top ten, but DJ Moore helped make up the difference.

For what it's worth, it doesn't make it sound like three first round picks was ever truly in play.

In addition, Breer corroborates the belief that the Panthers are sold on two guys, but doesn't know for sure who they are. He speculates CJ Stroud and Bryce Young.

Discussing those two, Breer takes the reverse of Adam Schefter's view and suggests that Tepper likes Stroud while "the football people" prefer Bryce Young.

He adds that over the next month they plan to explore whether they can get comfortable with a third quarterback option and that yes, they are open to trade down possibilities.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 6

I think both Stroud and Young are special. Stroud has the higher floor, Young with the higher ceiling. 

If we go with Young we need to hire a health and training staff just for him to make sure his training regimen and body is under control, similar to what Victor Wembenyama is doing (#1 overall NBA pick 2023, best prospect since LeBron)

• Pie 2

35 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:
Some additional background details on the trade that make it sound like we actually got the price that would have been expected for a top five team rather than a top ten, but DJ Moore helped make up the difference.

For what it's worth, it doesn't make it sound like three first round picks was ever truly in play.

In addition, Breer corroborates the belief that the Panthers are sold on two guys, but doesn't know for sure who they are. He speculates CJ Stroud and Bryce Young.

Discussing those two, Breer takes the reverse of Adam Schefter's view and suggests that Tepper likes Stroud while "the football people" prefer Bryce Young.

He adds that over the next month they plan to explore whether they can get comfortable with a third quarterback option and that yes, they are open to trade down possibilities.

I thought gilbert gottried died

• Pie 3
  • Flames 2

I don’t believe it’s between Young and Stroud. I don’t think they’d publicly entertain a trade down if it was. They would just talk to Houston, Arizona, and Indy in private.

They traded up because AR and/or Levis was the target and they feared that all four QBs would be gone by 9. #5 wouldn’t be enough to insure their guy, and per Breer #3 cost as much as #1 because Chi wanted DJ. Now we control our own destiny and there’s no way we miss out on a QB.

Everyone’s going to freak if its AR or Levis because “we could have stayed put at 9” but based on how they’re moving I don’t think the folks on staff agree. Missing out on a top QB was their worst case scenario and this was the only way they could insure that wouldn’t happen. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

I don’t believe it’s between Young and Stroud. I don’t think they’d publicly entertain a trade down if it was. They would just talk to Houston, Arizona, and Indy in private.

They traded up because AR and/or Levis was the target and they feared that all four QBs would be gone by 9. #5 wouldn’t be enough to insure their guy, and per Breer #3 cost as much as #1 because Chi wanted DJ. Now we control our own destiny and there’s no way we miss out on a QB.

Everyone’s going to freak if its AR or Levis because “we could have stayed put at 9” but based on how they’re moving I don’t think the folks on staff agree. Missing out on a top QB was their worst case scenario and this was the only way they could insure that wouldn’t happen. 

Reality is we probably know exactly who we're taking and all the reports from the trade until draft day are just random guesses/speculation or intentional smokescreens.

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

LOL I have seen at least 3 different versions of who Tepper likes vs. the "football people". Comical at this point. I would not be surprised if the team isnt making a random version of this to release every few days. 

Yep, I presume they know exactly who they want.  I mean, big picture, that's exactly what Scott said.  If they move to 1, it's because they have the conviction they found their guy.  Being first, we can just f*ck with everyone now.  

Many in the media cannot see the forest for the trees; or well, it's inherent not to and garner more speculation and story.    

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, t96 said:

Reality is we probably know exactly who we're taking and all the reports from the trade until draft day are just random guesses/speculation or intentional smokescreens.

They’re definitely doing controlled leaks. I just don’t see a point in the trade down smokescreen if we really are down to the top 2 QBs.

• Pie 2