• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Former Panthers QB: “No doubt in my mind” they pick Bryce Young

Cary Kollins

Just now, bobcat91 said:

That's true, but it's because the stakes are huge. Make the wrong selection and we have hamstrung ourselves for 3 to 5 years. 

Talking poo about either won't affect anything. The decision nor the outcome 

Just now, csx said:

Talking poo about either won't affect anything. The decision nor the outcome 

I consider it being passionate about the team. None of our arguments are going to change the selection, but after watching losing football for years, fans are now passionate about the selection. I favor Stround and admit, if we draft Young, I'll show my displeasure.

7 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Not really. It seems like the crazies are the Stroud lovers, and if we pick Young, you'll see.

I have no doubt AR is the pick and all those who hated Cam will hate and those who love Cam will rejoice.

I used to be like y'all...I couldn't decide between Young and CJ all year, but as we approach the end of the season and was realistic about our options at 9 I discovered Richardson late, sort of like when I wanted Luck but my cousin (bama fan) told me about Cam, thank God 🙏 Luck skipped out. 

Now if someone pleased make a AR-15 thread, the kid grew up a Cam fan...which means he GREW UP WATCHING AND CHEERING FOR THE CAROLINA PANTHERS. That's just the icing on the cake. Richardson is such a powerful name to Carolina no matter how you feel about the late Richardson the new one can and will take us to the promise land....

No diggity No doubt...

Drops mic...

7 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Not really. It seems like the crazies are the Stroud lovers, and if we pick Young, you'll see.

I have no doubt AR is the pick and all those who hated Cam will hate and those who love Cam will rejoice.

I used to be like y'all...I couldn't decide between Young and CJ all year, but as we approach the end of the season and was realistic about our options at 9 I discovered Richardson late, sort of like when I wanted Luck but my cousin (bama fan) told me about Cam, thank God 🙏 Luck skipped out. 

Now if someone pleased make a AR-15 thread, the kid grew up a Cam fan...which means he GREW UP WATCHING AND CHEERING FOR THE CAROLINA PANTHERS. That's just the icing on the cake. Richardson is such a powerful name to Carolina no matter how you feel about the late Richardson the new one can and will take us to the promise land....

No diggity No doubt...

Drops mic...

• Beer 1

Comparing Bryce Young to Tua's durability is ill-informed. Tua reportedly had 5 surgeries during his time at Alabama. Bryce missed 1 game as a starter.

People talk about CJ Stroud's game vs Georgia. Go watch Bryce Young vs Georgia in the 2021 SEC championship game. Georiga's defense had Jordan Davis, Travon Walker, Kelee Ringo, Nakobe Dean, Jalen Carter, Devonte Wyatt, Quay Walker, Lewis Cine, and Nolan Smith. These are 9 players that are or will be top 100 selections in the NFL draft. 

The Georgia defense entered the SEC championship game allowing just 230.4 yards and 6.9 points per game. Young set the SEC championship game records for total offense and passing yards against them. The final score was 41-23, Alabama. 

I rather the Panthers go with the most accomplished and polished QB prospect in Bryce Young or the highest ceiling at QB in Anthony Richardson.

I'm fine with Stroud, but he doesn't play the position of QB better than Young. He is a solid and safe pick for those who have concerns about Young's frame and Richardson's low floor but very high ceiling. 

• Pie 6

32 minutes ago, Bluetooth said:

No diggity No doubt...

Drops mic...

whos alt is this. My money is on @Catsfan69

Edited by Sean Payton's Vicodin
  • Beer 1

I am tired of hearing how the game has changed as we watched Tua get rag dolled numerous times with serious concussions, yea it has really changed. 

Tua also has 3 inches and 20 pounds on Bryce, I dont see how you spend the #1 pick you traded away future assets for on a guy that will instantly be the smallest starting QB in the league. 

Edited by PootieNunu

6 hours ago, Matthias said:

Well, Steph is a lanky 6'3".  Besides, this is a collision sport.  Not only that, but I believe Young's size will limit how far he is able to go in this league.  I might be the only one in this camp, but I think NFL defenses are going to have a ball in batting down his passes.

Steph isn’t even lanky. He’s pretty solid and not a small guy at all. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, PootieNunu said:

I am tired of hearing how the game has changed as we watched Tua get rag dolled numerous times with serious concussions, yea it has really changed. 

Tua also has 3 inches and 20 pounds on Bryce, I dont see how you spend the #1 pick you traded away future assets for on a guy that will instantly be the smallest starting QB in the league. 

We’ve seen Burrow and Herbert deal with injuries. Josh Allen was banged up this year. It’s not all about size. 

• Pie 1