• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Natalie Miller (aka Verge): per her sources, Panthers moved up to #1 to take Bryce Young

TheSpecialJuan

49 minutes ago, t96 said:

I don't think this is true. The dude can make all the throws consistently. His arm talent is better than any outside of Lawrence in the last several years. Young has other skills to make up for that gap but Stroud is the best pure passer in this draft and it's not particularly close. 

This

Im really not trying to jump the gun here but the more i search around i keep seeing talks of bryce young POSSIBLY not being all the way clear of that shoulder injury he got late last year. Meaning, that it may be one of those things that lingers or gradually gets worse without going into a lot of detail and its not something being acknowledged by the media or might not ever will be. No, Its Not anything official from reporters and writers but just rumors being discussed in forums and the possibility of it being linked to why he isnt doing any physical activity till later. Going to proclaim now im not running with this but just sharing that i have came across it more than once now looking around. Im Just sharing what i have read. 

• Beer 1

23 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I feel like sometimes Bryce does it just because he needs to get out of the pocket to find a throwing lane. If a team game plans to force these guys to throw from the pocket I like Strouds chances better. 

I feel like Young does it because he feels the pressure to make a play every snap and (at least at the College level) he has the instincts and mobility to extend a play.

14 minutes ago, LegioX said:

I swear if we draft Young and he struggles ALOT due to his size and body I will just give up on this franchise. 

I mean, there's a great story to be had if the franchise that got its motto from Sam Mills becomes the team where Bryce Young has success.

Admittedly though, I don't give a sh-t about great stories so much as I do winning.

1 hour ago, t96 said:

If they are dead even in our evaluations and we truly can't decide then maybe. But if it's a 1a/1b you 100% just stay at 1, don't fug around, and take the guy you like a bit better. 

I probably phrased that wrong.  If they view them equally and can't see discernible reasons why one is above the other, and Houston comes calling with pick 33, heck or even 65, you're still getting your guy and netting another top pick.  That huge value back.  Not saying that's the reality but it's possible.    

1 hour ago, travisura said:

Do you genuinely not understand how sports reporting works? Everyone, even Schefter and Rapoport, have "sources" that they will not name, so that the source can maintain anonymity and the reporters can continue to get information from them. The fact that the source is not named is not an indictment on the accuracy of the information at all.

When the source is from inside the organization, and the reporter is a respected and experienced one, they say: "sources within the organization on conditions of anonymity". This is not so the reporter can continue to get some SUPER SECRET SCOOP each week. This is so that source does not lose their job.

Now comes the Twitter Reporter, where any tom, dick, or harry can try and make a name for themselves. Any of us could start an account and retweet news, get followers, try and break new news, etc. And as you do this, you'll come across other reporters like yourself. You build a network. Some of these reporters have lines to players, former players, team aides (not coaches), etc. NONE of those people know ANYTHING. Yet they "hear something" or "have a feeling" (or my favorite: "I think") and they share it with said reporter in normal conversation. They do not hop on the line and text the reporter something outright, nor does the reporter text "what do you know!?". It's organic. And when a nugget ... because let's be honest that's all it is, comes in a text, said reporter knows they have something that (drumroll please) will get them CLICKS, FOLLOWERS, LIKES, CLOUT, and RETWEETS. But out of respect to "journalism" lol, they add that their nuggest came from a "source". It's a buzzword. It's clickbait.

And It's all BS. If any reporter, respected or not, had THE scoop or THE truth ... it would be something along the lines of: I have confirmation from inside the organization (blah blah blah) and they'd put their rep on the line for what they're telling us is factual.

Not one of these Twitter Reporters know anything ... not even our very own Verge. All they know are someone else's opinion, and rumor. Hell, we used to think Zod knew secrets about the team but wasn't allowed to tell us, lol. I myself even knew things. And you know what? I told you all where I heard it. One of the team's internists (now retired) was very close friends with my mom and stepdad, Dr. Rob (Heyer). And even he only knew what players would tell him during treatment.

That is how it works. Rant over.

• Pie 3

I don't buy the injury risk argument

Cam Newton only lasted 7 seasons until he had career ending injuries, and he is 6' 5' 240

Daunte Culpepper struggled with injuries too

Drew Brees at barely 6 foot didn't. Neither did Russell Wilson. 

Any body type can struggle with injuries, some people just don't get injured while others are always injury prone (Matt Corral)

Take the NBA, Giannis is almost 7 feet, never gets injured. LeBron too, didn't get any major injuries for his first 16 NBA seasons. Iverson was under 6 feet and never got injured. Then you have a bunch of players between 6 and 7 foot that are always injured, like Oden, Zion, Jonathan Isaac, MKG, etc.

Durability is 40% what you were born with, 40% taking elite care of your body, and 20% being smart. LeBron, Russell Wilson, Kobe took painstaking care of their bodies from an early age, hiring their own training staff, doing their own training regiment and diet, getting plenty of sleep, etc. Some players just don't care about that.

Edited by amcoolio

36 minutes ago, stan786 said:

What would you do if we take Stroud and he struggles ALOT due to his ability to handle pressure.

Strouds issue can be coached,  bryce cannot. And if you really believe in this staff as everybody does then its confidence they can coach stroud up. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

When the source is from inside the organization, and the reporter is a respected and experienced one, they say: "sources within the organization on conditions of anonymity". This is not so the reporter can continue to get some SUPER SECRET SCOOP each week. This is so that source does not lose their job.

Now comes the Twitter Reporter, where any tom, dick, or harry can try and make a name for themselves. Any of us could start an account and retweet news, get followers, try and break new news, etc. And as you do this, you'll come across other reporters like yourself. You build a network. Some of these reporters have lines to players, former players, team aides (not coaches), etc. NONE of those people know ANYTHING. Yet they "hear something" or "have a feeling" (or my favorite: "I think") and they share it with said reporter in normal conversation. They do not hop on the line and text the reporter something outright, nor does the reporter text "what do you know!?". It's organic. And when a nugget ... because let's be honest that's all it is, comes in a text, said reporter knows they have something that (drumroll please) will get them CLICKS, FOLLOWERS, LIKES, CLOUT, and RETWEETS. But out of respect to "journalism" lol, they add that their nuggest came from a "source". It's a buzzword. It's clickbait.

And It's all BS. If any reporter, respected or not, had THE scoop or THE truth ... it would be something along the lines of: I have confirmation from inside the organization (blah blah blah) and they'd put their rep on the line for what they're telling us is factual.

Not one of these Twitter Reporters know anything ... not even our very own Verge. All they know are someone else's opinion, and rumor. Hell, we used to think Zod knew secrets about the team but wasn't allowed to tell us, lol. I myself even knew things. And you know what? I told you all where I heard it. One of the team's internists (now retired) was very close friends with my mom and stepdad, Dr. Rob (Heyer). And even he only knew what players would tell him during treatment.

That is how it works. Rant over.

Lol. Trust who you want based on their reporting record, not off of how they word their tweet or if they use the word "sources". 

15 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

This is not so the reporter can continue to get some SUPER SECRET SCOOP each week. This is so that source does not lose their job.

Yes you fugging genius if the source gets fired they can't continue to get some SUPER SECRET SCOOP can they? 

2 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Strouds issue can be coached,  bryce cannot. And if you really believe in this staff as everybody does then its confidence they can coach stroud up. 

I guess sure, but handling pressure is often a pretty innate ability, all goes back to processing and how you handle stress. Plenty of QBs have never been able to improve that facet.

I’ve argued plenty that I think Stroud showed it in small bits during the end of the year before Georgia so I think it’s in there.

But I can’t act like it’s not a legit concern and something that’s easily fixable. It can definitely be hidden with good game planning though, Rams did it with Goff until they had to commit a ton of money to him.

Just saying if this QB fails it’s probably going to go against the entire FO anyways, it’s not like any of these prospects are perfect. So statements like that are just kinda shrug, we are gonna be pissed if we miss this pick regardless.