• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers to Send 11 Representatives to Ohio St Pro Day

MHS831

5 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Angry Starz GIF by Vida

Honestly... I agree. I completely understand it from a perspective of doing what's best for them and their career but yeah... I mean, it is what it is.

But the NFL has clearly shown they don't care. I don't feel like anyone's draft stock has been hurt in the least by sitting out of an also ran bowl. 

Just now, Coheed said:

Doesn’t matter how ripped you are if you can’t accurately throw a ball.  poo, the greatest QB of all time came into the league looking like a highschool sophomore. CJ looks absolutely fine for an nfl qb. Tape > athletic traits, especially for a QB.  This is a lazy post.

read the rest of our conversation before cherry picking this for an agrument no one is making. 

4 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Didn't Frank say they wanted to use RPOs when he was introduced? I guess like boxing, wrestling, and such, the card is subject to change.

I’ve seen the Bengals run a couple with Burrow. It’s usually a handoff unless it’s WIDE open. 

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Me either.  You just never know how these guys will react to the pressure that comes with the fame and money in the nfl.  The college game doesn't prepare them for what is about to hit them. It does not suffer the weak spirited who fold when things get difficult.  Young and Stroud have yet to face the kind of pressure they will see at this level. 

Of all the guys in this draft though they've come the closest. Playing at a Bama or OSU type program is as close as you can get to NFL attention, pressure, media and fan scrutiny. And now with NIL, it's true from a $$$ perspective too. QBs at these programs are pulling in 7 figures.

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

Panthers want Young but are trying to get Houston to move up for Stroud

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

"Frank if you could force yourself to have an erection during Stroud's pro-day it would go a long way to helping us with this smokescreen."

• The D 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly... I agree. I completely understand it from a perspective of doing what's best for them and their career but yeah... I mean, it is what it is.

But the NFL has clearly shown they don't care. I don't feel like anyone's draft stock has been hurt in the least by sitting out of an also ran bowl. 

The NCAA and networks need to cut back the number of bowl games. They won't though. People want to see the star players play those games. You saw how few people attended and watched a lot of the bowls because I think you made a remark about it in the college game thread. The only thing that's going to save a lot of those games is paying the players a NIL bonus to play.

• Pie 1

27 minutes ago, Fright said:

His throws were crisp... a few over throws, but pro receivers are making those catches.

Maybe it's just me, but on his play action throws he looked deceptively quick. Dude's going to be a baller... I hope we take him. 

lol, he threw to 1st rounders. 1 of them (Marvin Harisson) may even be a pro bowler as a rookie. But sure, the overthrows would have been caught by Pros but not these guys. 

5 hours ago, Strong_Bad said:

11 team representatives plus our future draft selection CJ Stroud at the event totals 12.

What number did CJ Stroud where at the combine 12.

It was at the combine that the Panthers decided to move up into the draft after trading away the number 9 pick overall. In the trade compensation we gave away 1 first round pick and 2 second round picks. 9+1+2+2= 14. We also traded DJ Moore who wore jersey number 2. 14-2 equals 12.  

This leads to the only conclusion that the Panther will select CJ Stroud and have a 12 win season next year.

I rest my case.

12 win regular season + Stroud is pick #1 = 13. This is superbowl 58. 5+8 = 13.  Itis so obvious that we win the SB!

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

Panthers want Young but are trying to get Houston to move up for Stroud

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

I heard they got some hair fragments after their dinner last night and are splicing him and Bryce.

Combined with age accelerator and some Tepper owned machines circa Arnold/6th Day, BJ Stroung is coming to a BofA near you.  

4 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

The NCAA and networks need to cut back the number of bowl games. They won't though. People want to see the star players play those games. You saw how few people attended and watched a lot of the bowls because I think you made a remark about it in the college game thread. The only thing that's going to save a lot of those games is paying the players a NIL bonus to play.

Oh, absolutely. The bowl system has just gotten outrageously bloated. You have to be completely terrible not to be bowl eligible. Being bowl eligible used to mean something. Now it's just meaningless. Honestly, all that matters these days are the playoffs games and then to a significantly less extent the NYE6 bowls. Everything else basically has high school game attendance levels and infomercial level TV viewership.

• Beer 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Of all the guys in this draft though they've come the closest. Playing at a Bama or OSU type program is as close as you can get to NFL attention, pressure, media and fan scrutiny. And now with NIL, it's true from a $$$ perspective too. QBs at these programs are pulling in 7 figures.

They are treated like God's at those programs. They have it made man. Its not even close to that in the nfl until you make a name for themselves in the league. Here they are just another rookie hoping to make it in the big league.