• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young Pro Day

ForJimmy

2 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

The main deficiencies were bouncy/inconsistent footwork, sometimes missing open receivers in the middle of the field, and trying to extend plays too long. 

What’s funny is in the lowlights where his footwork is notably erratic, Bryce still finds a way athletically in some to hit the receiver. 

Do you think that can translate to the next level with faster LBs and DL, smarter DCs etc?  Mahomes gets away with it due to his arm strength which is a good bit better than Young's.  If you do then yeah he could be a fun pick.  

46 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Like the SEC isn't chock full of seek-and-destroy missiles...

I know better.

As a season ticket holder at Mississippi State, I get to see Alabama every year as well as LSU, and Georgia two of the last 3 years. As good as they are, it is nothing like the NFL. Thats the reason The Golden Calf of Bristol was all SEC and All American, yet was an NFL washout. Two entirely different animals

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, RJK said:

Yeah, I’m just not interested in drafting a dude #1 that has to play games and hide things to try and trick the team into taking him. Bad way to start a relationship with a potential future employer. 

Looks like he doesn't want to compete.  No heart.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

7 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Pass on that guy. He scared.

What is he hiding and why can't he run drills everyone else is doing and still be considered a number 1?

All the others did what was asked. This guy is little diva already.

Edited by rippadonn

Just now, rippadonn said:

What is he hiding and why can he run from drills everyone else is doing and still be considered a number 1.

All the others did what was asked. This guy is little diva already.

I mean, CJ didn't do anything related to not throwing either. This is non-sense, Burrow did nothing but throw in all of his works outs too. This is a non-story and not necessary.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It's looking that way. Richardson is the only guy so far that hasn't been a pussy about these measurements.  

Thats because him and Levis need to do everything possible to hide their middle of the road film.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Do you think that can translate to the next level with faster LBs and DL, smarter DCs etc?  Mahomes gets away with it due to his arm strength which is a good bit better than Young's.  If you do then yeah he could be a fun pick.  

I do. I think Reich and co or the coaching staff where he lands will coach him to settle his feet more in the pocket. In doing so, they need to be careful to not limit what makes him special. He’s an elite distributor of the football and a lot of that is a product of his maneuvers in the pocket. I believe he does some of that to overcome his height (backing up to extend plays). 

Stroud, to me, is an elite passer. I view Young as an elite passer and also an elite playmaker. That’s why I view him as a diet Mahomes and hope he’s the pick. 

• Pie 3