• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is why Bryce Young undoubtedly is QB1

Ivory Panther

45 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

Like I said before, and I will say it again. If he is was at least 3 inches taller and 20lbs heavier I’d be all for it. But something tells me the reason he wouldn’t weigh in today was because he was under 200lbs. 

size is a legitimate concern. 

I can pretty much guarantee the team knows his weight if they want to know it. Guarantee team doctors have looked at his shoulder and everything. Makes no sense to think the team has no idea what’s going on with his body.

Just now, frankw said:

My fear is if we take Young he does very well but eventually deals with those inevitable injuries and Stroud ends up looking legit without the injury concerns. This place would be unbearable.

ok...

you take stroud and he gets hurt while Young doesn't and plays like top 5 year in year out. 

the place would be equally unbearable. 

at the end of the day, we don't know if any of them will remain healthy...

• Pie 2

39 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Size such a concern that he more than likely manipulated his weight at the combine and didn't weigh in on his Pro Day.  If it held no "weight" (pun intended) he would have simply weighed in again today.

Team knows his weight. They could have brought a damn scale to dinner if they wanted lol. This is just ridiculous.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

ok...

you take stroud and he gets hurt while Young doesn't and plays like top 5 year in year out. 

the place would be equally unbearable. 

at the end of the day, we don't know if any of them will remain healthy...

Of course we can't predict the future but one has the ideal frame the other is light. The odds favor Stroud.

26 minutes ago, gofightwin said:

What makes his mental game better than Stroud? 

The OSU coaches have said he is one of the best they have ever coached in terms of intelligence.  https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2022/08/132400/cj-strouds-football-intelligence-mastery-of-ohio-state-offense-impressing-coaches

That's a great link...thanks.  Very informative and worth the read.

2 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Team Stroud here.  But I do find it funny that Panthers fans tie a QBs size to his ability to stay healthy.  We literally watched our 6’5, 245 pound franchise QB forced out of football at age 30 due to injuries.  

His throwing shoulder was destroyed in the pocket.

4 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Team Stroud here.  But I do find it funny that Panthers fans tie a QBs size to his ability to stay healthy.  We literally watched our 6’5, 245 pound franchise QB forced out of football at age 30 due to injuries.  

I think that's exactly why this fan base is concerned over Young's size.

If Cam broke down in the manner he did, why do we want to draft someone 7" and 50 lbs smaller and hope he'll hold up for 10+ years?

I don't think a single person has ever argued that Stroud is going to stay healthier because of his size, it's the other way around, it's just the concern over Young not being able to because of his size.

Those are two VERY different arguments

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

I think that's exactly why this fan base is concerned over Young's size.

If Cam broke down in the manner he did, why do we want to draft someone 7" and 50 lbs smaller and hope he'll hold up for 10+ years?

I don't think a single person has ever argued that Stroud is going to stay healthier because of his size, it's the other way around, it's just the concern over Young not being able to because of his size.

Those are two VERY different arguments

I understand that - but people said the same thing about Devonte Smith and other small frame guys who take far more hits than a QB.  They’ve been fine.  Curious if there are any analytics gurus out there who have stats on a players size and injury history