• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

John Ellis on Stroud v Young

TheSpecialJuan

10 minutes ago, Panthro said:

If we dropped to 2

I wonder what it would take for the Panthers to drop to 2.

I can’t imagine Houston parts with that 12th pick to move up one spot but I also can’t imagine Carolina passing up on the guy they traded up to take for anything less

1 hour ago, Wolfcop said:

LOL Did you switch back?

I am just having fun with this--No--that was just illustrating the issue I have with both--OSU's NFL QB struggles--(not giving them credit for Burrow--that is what happens when you escape)  and Bryce's size.  You have to decide which risk you are most comfortable with, then do nothing because it is not up to you. 

I think, however, that they do not know--and they are keeping an open mind.

I am just going to support the QB we take.  I see why they would select either.  Bryce is the best qb right now, but Stroud is not far behind and may end up being better.  So we shall see--I like both of them a lot,

• Pie 1

The Panthers could also be hoping that they can't reach a clear decision.  If Houston has a preference, the Panthers could offer the #1 pick for their second rounder (pick 32, I think).  If I did not have a preference--I would take the first pick of the second round-here is why:

After day 1, teams have a chance to regroup and make offers to move up in the second round. We could trade that pick for a few day 2 picks.  It would be nice to walk away with a CB, Edge, WR, and maybe a TE.

8 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

The Panthers could also be hoping that they can't reach a clear decision.  If Houston has a preference, the Panthers could offer the #1 pick for their second rounder (pick 32, I think).  If I did not have a preference--I would take the first pick of the second round-here is why:

After day 1, teams have a chance to regroup and make offers to move up in the second round. We could trade that pick for a few day 2 picks.  It would be nice to walk away with a CB, Edge, WR, and maybe a TE.

If that happens they would use 32 and 39 to move back into the first and get Stroud his WR.

https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/.amp/news/panthers-will-host-ohio-state-wr-jaxon-smith-njigba-for-pre-draft-visit

9 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I feel like that is just being scared to make a decision. You take your guy unless you get very very good compensation for getting to decide. Not sure I would trade for just pick 32.

I just can’t get over how short and small, weight-wise, he is. 
I just think about him being under 200 lbs and 5’ 10”. 
All it takes is one bad play and a 300 lbs player landing on him the wrong way and bam, game over. 
Injuries are the main reason I will be wary if we draft him. But I hope he proves me wrong. 

• Pie 2

There is so much talk about Young being more prone to injury because of his size. But I think it's foolish to hold that against drafting him. Injuries are a part of the game and he will get injured guaranteed. The devastating injuries are concussions and ACL tears, your size has nothing to do with those type of injuries. Cam was a physical specimen at the QB position and his longevity is shorter than Drew Brees. I think Young's size concerns are a bit overblown, if you can play you can play. Young will be our Muggsy Bogues in the NFL!

• Flames 2

1 minute ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I just can’t get over how short and small, weight-wise, he is. 
I just think about him being under 200 lbs and 5’ 10”. 
All it takes is one bad play and a 300 lbs player landing on him the wrong way and bam, game over. 
Injuries are the main reason I will be wary if we draft him. But I hope he proves me wrong. 

I agree. It's the only reason why I want us to draft CJ over him. Bryce is the better QB right now but I have serious concerns about his ability to stay on the field longterm in the NFL. That's not to question his toughness either. It's just every week there will be someone bigger and better than Jalen Carter trying to murder you

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1