• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lamar Jackson requests trade

TheSpecialJuan

I worry that he might have overplayed his hand. I’m sure other teams might pay him more than the Ravens but I doubt anyone will pay him huge money if that’s what he is after. 

Ultimately he ends up with a worse franchise and a worse team. But if he can tens of millions of extra dollars that’s great for him and his families future. 

1 minute ago, Donald LaFell said:

I worry that he might have overplayed his hand. I’m sure other teams might pay him more than the Ravens but I doubt anyone will pay him huge money if that’s what he is after. 

Ultimately he ends up with a worse franchise and a worse team. But if he can tens of millions of extra dollars that’s great for him and his families future. 

Lamar Jackson doesn't care about going to a contending team....he wants his bag.  Not that there is anything wrong with that.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Mage said:

Good thing we don't have to worry about us being in the conversation.

I like Lamar but something feels off about this entire situation.

This is where a professional agent comes in. Lamar is probably surrounded by a bunch of yes men just telling him what he wants to hear. You don't need to give some scum agent 3%. That's crazy. That'll be millions. You can do this yourself. You're a young, former MVP QB. They're gonna give you that bag.

But he didn't have anyone telling him that he's had two injury plagued seasons. That his play has significantly tailed off since his MVP season. That the NFL is wondering if his best days are behind him. That damn, the Ravens have a pretty strong offer on the table might wanna sign it.  Maybe most importantly, he didn't have anyone with NFL front office connections around the league to have behind the scenes conversations to gauge his worth among other teams. If he did, that agent would've probably been SCREAMING at him to sign the Ravens' offer.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is where a professional agent comes in. Lamar is probably surrounded by a bunch of yes men just telling him what he wants to hear. You don't need to give some scum agent 3%. That's crazy. That'll be millions. You can do this yourself. You're a young, former MVP QB. They're gonna give you that bag.

But he didn't have anyone telling him that he's had two injury plagued seasons. That his play has significantly tailed off since his MVP season. That the NFL is wondering if his best days are behind him. That damn, the Ravens have a pretty strong offer on the table might wanna sign it. 

This dovetails into the old words about an attorney representing himself and having a fool for a client.

That also goes to most people trying to sell their own house.

In general, people need to have somebody in their corner serving as the voice of reason and can take the emotion out of the equation.  Without that, most people will screw themselves.

• Pie 4

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

But he didn't have anyone telling him that he's had two injury plagued seasons. That his play has significantly tailed off since his MVP season. That the NFL is wondering if his best days are behind him. That damn, the Ravens have a pretty strong offer on the table might wanna sign it.  Maybe most importantly, he didn't have anyone with NFL front office connections around the league to have behind the scenes conversations to gauge his worth among other teams. If he did, that agent would've probably been SCREAMING at him to sign the Ravens' offer.

Watching what's happened with LJ is a lesson to every other player about trying to do it yourself with a mega contract and what not to do. He has botched this just about every way possible. 

• Pie 1

I have a strange feeling that not only will he not be worth whatever contract he winds up getting but he'll be out of the league entirely 5 years from now. He should've taken the Ravens' best offer a year or two ago before he tanked his value being unavailable much of the last 2. 

• Pie 2