• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Quick: Tepper not pulling the strings

Mr. Scot

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not sure they'd need him to.

They've got Morgan, Caldwell, Brown, Capers and several other voices on staff more qualified to offer input than Tepper.

With all those really good football minds combined, I feel sure they can and will reach a common conclusion on the QB that best fits the Panthers long term plan to succeed.

It’s been obvious from day one that Tepper lets his football people make the decisions. He’s never been a meddling owner despite what some here believe for some reason.  Made a mistake in his first decision on a coach, but beyond that there haven’t been any problems. 

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

Fitt was in on the darnold trade also , and cj Henderson and Baker Mayfield 

I hope it's mostly up to Riech 

I'd love to know for sure how much of these deals, and Gilmore too, was Fitt and how much was Rhule. We never will though.

13 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Yea I lump keeping Ron too long in the “coaching decision”. Rock hill has nothing to do with the football team so who cares. 

Not having the state of the art practice facility Tepper promised has nothing to do with the team? There was also the field level box seat mess as well. I recall it ticked off quite a few fans.

14 hours ago, Basbear said:

Sorry, if I was the head cheese and owned 100% of some sports team, you beat your sweet ass Id have some input where it wasnt needed. 

A lot of us probably would...

...and we'd likely screw it up just as badly as Tepper (or even worse) 😕

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Okay where did the sudden switch to the 3-4 in Tepper's first year of football involvement come from? If Tepper didn't give a direct suggestion he had to have made his preferences known. He wants to be Pittsburgh. Wanted to be. Ron wanted to keep his job. 

I feel like he put a lot of pressure on Rhule to get a QB which may have led to what looked like desperation mode mentality.

Dang that video got me all giddy over whoever we pick! I know that there are threads specifically about this, but 2 good, veteran receivers, a top RB with good hands a pass catching TE, a top 5 O-line with everyone returning, Reich and McCown being former QB's, Dalton fully accepting that his job is to get you ready for week 1... oooh weee man! You gotta be praying that the panthers draft you.

15 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

It’s been obvious from day one that Tepper lets his football people make the decisions. He’s never been a meddling owner despite what some here believe for some reason.  Made a mistake in his first decision on a coach, but beyond that there haven’t been any problems. 

I was told by someone with knowledge of the situation that we were using the Appaloosa Method and Tepper was secretly manipulating everything from behind the scenes 😐

Seriously though... There have definitely been problems, most of which stemmed from temper putting his trust in the wrong people (specifically Hurney, then Rhule). That plus his own admission that he came into the league thinking he was going to show everybody how it was done.

The good thing is he's learned from his mistakes.