• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Richardson Pro Day

OldhamA

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd say there's a reason for that (and not just the injury)

There might not be enough info to call him a bust yet but things don't seem to be trending in the right direction.

If he was the #3 overall pick and he has barely played a down--while 2022 Mr. Irrelevant is now inked in as the starter for his performance in 2022--I would say that is not what SF hoped to get out of him.  Bust status is probably determined when the team gives up on the player and moves him out.

• Pie 1

Just now, MHS831 said:

If he was the #3 overall pick and he has barely played a down--while 2022 Mr. Irrelevant is now inked in as the starter for his performance in 2022--I would say that is not what SF hoped to get out of him.  Bust status is probably determined when the team gives up on the player and moves him out.

Which there is chatter about them doing...

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Which there is chatter about them doing...

yeah, the idea of getting a good QB on a rookie, seventh round contract for 3 more years has to be enticing---all things equal.

They have gone budget QB this season--and they are all young QBs--Darnold is 25 (will be 26 in June)--about the same age and Tennessee's Hooker.  Lance is only 22 (May 9), and Purdy is older than Lance (23-December).  if lance does not win the job in year 3, bust,

14 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

He's in a competition with Sam Darnold this summer while Purdy recovers from surgery. That's basically last shot to prove yourself level stuff

• Pie 1