• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

JT O'Sullivan's QB Rankings for 2023

Ricky Spanish

1 minute ago, Wes21 said:

Anticipation is a good thing.  Stroud does it as well.  Every QB in the NFL needs some level of anticipation to succeed in the league.  You can't just wait for guys to get open and THEN try to throw it.  NFL QBs have to throw to a spot and trust their guy to win the route.

Yes, I am well aware. However, as I said previously, "throwing guys open" in college and "throwing guys open" in the NFL are two very different things and while adjustments can be made, arm strength plays a much larger part in the NFL than in college because NFL defensive players are all faster and better at anticipating routes. Tighter windows. Doesn't matter how good one anticipates routes if you can't fit it in that window. That takes a minimal amount of arm strength. Perhaps Young has it. I trust our staff to decide that, but I've read some articles that cast doubt on it. Particularly on long outs and cross-field throws.

I appreciate that he admits it, but at the same time hurts his credibility that the difference between Young and Stroud for him was watching them throw side by side in summer 2022. 

Both Josh McCown and Chris Simms compare Stroud to Joe Burrow. I fully expect us to go with Stroud because he checks all the boxes and has the potential to be similar to Burrow. 

Young does not check the physical size box and I do not expect us to gamble that his historically small frame will hold up without significant injury over the years. 

5 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Indeed he did. No shade from me, CJ balled out against Georgia.

I'm honestly peppering a ton of pro Young content not because I necessarily like him better than Stroud, but because the majority of the fanbase seems to be against him because of his size when his game itself is actually really good and we should be happy if he's the pick. Kind of want to be proactive in letting the fanbase down gently in the event Young is the pick and not Stroud, because there is a ton to like about both, not just one over the other. 

Yeah, me too.  Its futile. 

So he's basing his Bryce pick on him having a better competition at the 2022 elite 11 where they were like camp counselors? That's fuging stupid. You can watch their pro days back to back and tell Stroud has the better arm. If Bryce would have thrown at the combine he would have obviously been below Stroud arm wise

7 hours ago, OldhamA said:

And Young's stats dropped off considerably when his WRs left - if we're playing that game (Stroud's didn't).

Let's not try and act like Stroud didn't have excellent receivers both years. Hell, he was throwing to two first round picks---hella good receivers, the last couple of seasons. If Young had had those guys, Wilson, Olave, then Njigba and Harrison Jr., as a Bulldog I'd have hated it!

Edited by top dawg