• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

JT O'Sullivan's QB Rankings for 2023

Ricky Spanish

Players are bigger, stronger, and faster than they were 20 years ago. Size still matters a great deal and should be a concern, as it is. Young will get hit and his small frame will be tested. Huge gamble to take when you have a comparable talent on the board. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 3

23 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Says he's seen both CJ and Bryce play at the elite 11 right next to each other. Holds a ton of weight for him apparently. Says Stroud would have had to play the same way he did against Georgia every game to be considered on Young's level.  Says Height is less of an issue than it was 15-20 years ago and Young should be fine in the pros. 

LOL I respect his analysis, but damn judging the players based on who they were as High School Seniors...

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, SurvivalSloth said:

"I don't care what the tape says". 

Well, how they perform in an ACTUAL football game is kind of important to this whole selections process. He's forming his opinion off of them throwing in shorts over a year ago.

Yeah that was interesting to me too. They both have extremely good tape as well, so who knows?

I'm good with either.

The only reason why we are having this debate is because both Young and Stroud are great prospects. If there was only Young and no Stroud in this draft, it would be a no brainer to select Young and also vice versa for Stroud. I honestly believe that these 2 prospects will be pro bowl QBs in the near future. I think the biggest factor is Young's size and risk of injury that everyone is concerned about. 

If we play the scenario out that for the next 5 years these 2 QBs are guaranteed NOT to get injured at their respective height and weight, who would you pick? Lots of analysts would say Young for his skillset and this isn't anything against Stroud's skillset, Young is just that much better. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 2

He more or less stated the obvious of what people have said here and elsewhere

Bryce   Size    There are 17 regular season games   I just don’t see him surviving it 

CJ   consistency as far as being that special player outside of the Georgia game                  And while CJ is likely the pick, personally, there is something about his personality that bothers me.   He is absolutely talented   Worked hard to be where he is but there is just something that troubles me.   Granted not as obvious as Levis 

AR  experience 
I really like AR.  what I said in February, I  still mean. What he has cannot be taught. What he needs can be    He won’t be the pick in any case.  Huge risk/reward 

both CJ and Bryce fit what the new OC wants (paraphrased play maker, point guard, in the final 2 mins, game on the line, go be Superman)….except neither Bryce or CJ fits ‘Superman’ athletically 

Edited by raleigh-panther