• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Mortensen: Bryce Young is the pick, they all love Bryce Young

TheSpecialJuan

3 hours ago, Verge said:

Texans are going to take one of Stroud or Young. I feel pretty comfortable in that. So they will be taking Stroud 😉 

Are you aware that Watsons agent is same for stroud?

That was as messy as NFL gets....you know theres still some hurt feelings...

7 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Are you aware that Watsons agent is same for stroud?

That was as messy as NFL gets....you know theres still some hurt feelings...

I'm sure he represents other players currently playing for the Texans. These guys are pros and a huge part of their job is keeping a good working relationship with all the teams. Just because a situation becomes untenable for a player and a team doesn't mean that agent's relationship does the same. Quite the contrary.

• Beer 2

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm sure he represents other players currently playing for the Texans. These guys are pros and a huge part of their job is keeping a good working relationship with all the teams. Just because a situation becomes untenable for a player and a team doesn't mean that agent's relationship does the same. Quite the contrary.

I didnt see one and it was a bad blood deal. He could have already told them, "its not in your best interest to draft QB stroud." 

https://fanspo.com/nfl/agents/david-mulugheta/45657

Im mainly playing around, cause I feel houston will not care about who panthers are drafting, they know its a bluff.....but the agent stuff above is real....

Edited by Basbear

5 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I didnt see one and it was a bad blood deal. He could have already told them, "its not in your best interest to draft QB stroud." 

https://fanspo.com/nfl/agents/david-mulugheta/45657

Im mainly playing around, cause I feel houston will not care about who panthers are drafting, they know its bluff.....but the agent stuff above is real....

Unless telling them not to draft Stroud is coming from Stroud himself, then the agent is doing his client a massive disservice. An agent's job is to represent his client and letting personal pissing matches get in the way of that would make him a bad agent.

15 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Unless telling them not to draft Stroud is coming from Stroud himself, then the agent is doing his client a massive disservice. An agent's job is to represent his client and letting personal pissing matches get in the way of that would make him a bad agent.

There was months, no over one year of back and forth between texans and david. Again as far unhappy player goes, this was of the extreme type. Team was pissed out too. He also sat out for a full year while getting 15million to do so. In the old days there were for sure agents that blacklisted teams and same went for teams. This was that level of "fug off, I will never do business with you again" type feelings. Texans were rumored to release alll the tiny towel massages, Im sure that didnt go over well with david.....

I forgot the player and agent, plus this was MLB. But the braves had a agreement done&faxed, after spending lots of time hammering out the details. The agent took the fax and sent it to SD and signed there soon after. In the following days the numbers came out and the braves GM saw they were the same as his agreed offer. He publicity stated that the braves would never sign any client repped by that agency for as long as he was GM. 

Herniay and dave for sure had issues with certain agent/agent firms. I dont believe finessererre has that problem, but hes still green as GM. People are still britter and hold stoopid things against each other....

Edited by Basbear

2 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

fwiw the odds have gone back to Stroud being the favorite and Bryce like +115 or something 

I'm not sure if any book but the one that guy mentioned actually got to Bryce being even, most the lines tightened today though.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I would love to have Young on our team. Mature young man owning a loss and you can tell he is taking it personally. He desire to win is great and will be great in our locker room.

He has immense character it's really impossible not to like the kid beyond all the trolling here. There is hope with any of these top three. We'll see.

• Pie 2