• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pauline believes it's Stroud, but Reich wants AR

top dawg

20 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

That's a good point.  You don't see nearly as many in college (or maybe I just don't notice).  My first thought was bigger stronger hits in the NFL, but college also has smaller players taking hits so you think it would produce similar results...  Dan Morgan and Luke never had the in college and in the NFL it was an issue.

Yes, I'm researching to see what is the college policy on Concussion with little luck so far.

I know that they have made 'targeting" a big deal. But I'm not sure if they have any type of policy to catch concussions like the NFL does.

I imagine, it will be a lot more challenging due to resources at some colleges...

19 minutes ago, Martin said:

The reported playing weight of Young is ~185 and reported playing weight of Stroud is +220. 

Every player in the NFL is an injury risk due to the nature of the have. Stroud at +220 is more within the standard of current players while Young is an outlier. 

There are no guarantees that one will stay healthier than the other, but purely theoretical it would seem that Young would be at a higher risk, and hence the concerns have been raised by most pundits and our own head coach.

I rather use combine weight than reported weight. Bryce was reportedly 6 feet before the combine...

as far as the combine goes, CJ was 214 pounds then, & lost 1 pound for his pro day. 

220 sounds good, so I'm not sure why a QB would voluntarily lose weight for the combine when his original weight was "ideal"...

11 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I get what you're saying but height and weight are two different things and really don't have an effect on each other. There are a lot of 6' overweight people that weigh over well over 200 lbs while there are also a lot of 6' plus guys that weigh less than 200 lbs. Now, in such cases, which is "bigger" depends on if you're referencing height or weight.

Either way the point is moot and we've all (myself included) gotten way too into the weeds re: measurables than we needed to lmao.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

22 minutes ago, travisura said:

I was using what Google told me, which is that Stroud weighed a couple of pounds more. Then I was corrected and told that according to combine measurements, Stroud weighed a couple of pounds less. The spirit of the argument that I was trying to make was that there is not a significant difference in their weight, but yes, I did say that Stroud weighed more before the clarification was made. The spirit of the argument that I was pushing back on was saying that Stroud was "smaller" than Tua because he weighed 3 pounds less at their respective combine weigh ins. 3 pounds is not enough in my mind to claim someone is "smaller", especially when the person who weighs 3 pounds less is 2 inches taller.

I understand your point. 

but to be clear, CJ at 6'3 weighing less than Tua 6'1 makes CJ even less dense that Tua, therefore more susceptible to be "raggedolled" like some were saying Tua did.

But generally, I do agree with you that 3 pounds between the 2 is not that big a deal. 

• Beer 1

15 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

LOL....if you are that confident, im sure you have already put money on the pick. You would make a lot money then. Lol 

Yeah I have $500 on Bryce

I did put 100 on AR though too because Tepper will forever be a wildcard

Edited by *FreeFua*