• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why I believe the pick will be AR-15

philw5289

6 minutes ago, Jmac said:

This team doesn't have three seasons to try and get this kid on track (assuming he can do what's needed to be a pro level QB).

Project isn't in the cards for our QB situation.

Who said he needs 3 years?

You already have your mind made up about him. Which is cool.

• Pie 1

I know this has been posted.. But CJ, Bryce and AR was in this.. Same Class.. CJ barley got a invite and was ranked low early in the competition.. CJ just kept grinding and won the whole thing.. Actually beat out Bryce for starter on the same team.. They both went on to college stardom.. Now they are battling for number 1 pick..

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

On 4/7/2023 at 9:58 AM, Panthero said:

I disagree because he could be gotten without moving up (maybe a move to 6). 

In that situation

Texans take Bryce

Indy take stroud

Then it's dealers choice on AR and Levis

It is a pretty sure thing that AR will go in the top 5.  He'll be the third QB off the board at worse. I'd be happy with any of them.  We had to move up to No. 1 just to ensure we get the player of choice.  Moving up to 3 would make no sense as we are at the mercy of other teams.  Moving up to 6 would only cost up draft choices and a good chance all 4 are gone. That would have been a dumb move. 

My take on Richardson is that he probably has the highest ceiling of all the QBs.  We have a good coaching staff and a lot of good weapons to where he doesn't have to carry the team in year one. While it may take a year or so for him to get up to speed I believe he could be the best QB of this draft sooner than most think. Reich likes the RPO and Stroud and Richardson are best fit for that role.  Young running the RPO would put him at risk of getting destroyed on a running play so I think that is why Young is our 3rd choice.

I'd take Richardson but it's probably Stroud.   I wouldn't be shocked if we go AR15.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

I think some people are underestimating how much Josh Allens rise has had an effect on the league. Every team wants to find the next guy like that. A qb with maxed out physical traits/ability thats able to harness everything together. Now you have a powerhouse of a QB that does it all....AR screams that more than anybody. Any team that needs a QB is going to consider him, and not just briefly....hard look.

2 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

I think some people are underestimating how much Josh Allens rise has had an effect on the league. Every team wants to find the next guy like that. A qb with maxed out physical traits/ability thats able to harness everything together. Now you have a powerhouse of a QB that does it all....AR screams that more than anybody. Any team that needs a QB is going to consider him, and not just briefly....hard look.

Asked Trey Lance and the 49ers about trying to find the next Allen.. At some point the Allen thing might be a outlier and not the norm..

38 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Asked Trey Lance and the 49ers about trying to find the next Allen.. At some point the Allen thing might be a outlier and not the norm..

I didnt know Trey Lance was being compared to Allen....news to me. But anyway, yeah it may be a outlier and i dont think it can be a norm. Obviously, the guy you are looking at needs to have the similar traits for it to be possible. Im just noting what teams might be thinking.

6 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

It is a pretty sure thing that AR will go in the top 5.  He'll be the third QB off the board at worse. I'd be happy with any of them.  We had to move up to No. 1 just to ensure we get the player of choice.  Moving up to 3 would make no sense as we are at the mercy of other teams.  Moving up to 6 would only cost up draft choices and a good chance all 4 are gone. That would have been a dumb move. 

My take on Richardson is that he probably has the highest ceiling of all the QBs.  We have a good coaching staff and a lot of good weapons to where he doesn't have to carry the team in year one. While it may take a year or so for him to get up to speed I believe he could be the best QB of this draft sooner than most think. Reich likes the RPO and Stroud and Richardson are best fit for that role.  Young running the RPO would put him at risk of getting destroyed on a running play so I think that is why Young is our 3rd choice.

I'd take Richardson but it's probably Stroud.   I wouldn't be shocked if we go AR15.

Maybe. I'm always one of those guys that recognizes that QBs go high. I wouldn't be at all shocked if the qbs go 1,2,3 and then levis goes top 10. It's just the way the game is now. That said, I think ar is a three year project. He may be the best of them all in the end but he needs lots of work. 

I watched about 6 of his games and see a guy who doesn't process well but is athletically a supreme talent. The other two though have him whipped on accuracy and decision making......for now at least. Those skills typically are harder to learn but I thought the same about the Buffalo qb. 

30 minutes ago, Panthero said:

Maybe. I'm always one of those guys that recognizes that QBs go high. I wouldn't be at all shocked if the qbs go 1,2,3 and then levis goes top 10. It's just the way the game is now. That said, I think ar is a three year project. He may be the best of them all in the end but he needs lots of work. 

I watched about 6 of his games and see a guy who doesn't process well but is athletically a supreme talent. The other two though have him whipped on accuracy and decision making......for now at least. Those skills typically are harder to learn but I thought the same about the Buffalo qb. 

What makes you think he doesn't process well?

On 4/9/2023 at 11:30 AM, OldhamA said:

What makes you think he doesn't process well?

Based on his decisions during games, holding the ball too long or taking off too quickly. Again this is in comparison to the other two top qbs. I think he's a superior prospect to Levis, but only worthy of a top 10 pick, but not number 1. 

53 minutes ago, Panthero said:

Based on his decisions during games, holding the ball too long or taking off too quickly. Again this is in comparison to the other two top qbs. I think he's a superior prospect to Levis, but only worthy of a top 10 pick, but not number 1. 

ummmmm.......

One of my favorite things about Anthony Richardson is how he doesn’t take sacks and moves well in the pocket. His 9.2% pressure to sack rate (PFF) is elite level of sack avoidance. As we can see in the graph below, pressure to sack rate stays pretty stable from college to the pros so it is fair to assume Richardson will have great sack avoidance in the NFL too. 

https://mfootballanalytics.com/2023/02/27/anthony-richardson-review/

He is pretty elite navigating the pocket and understanding the rush and when a pocket collapses.  Not sure where you are getting he holds the bold too long

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

What a story it would be if after all is said and done his name is announced as the pick. Man some feelings would be hurt 😂

It wouldnt have hurt my feelings to have kept moore and simply gone to 3 for AR.  If he ends up at 1 I still will be pumped as his skillset would be fun as hell to watch

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1