• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh Klein on the recent Bryce “smoke”

ncfan

3 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Because the fanbase clearly favors Stroud and there's enough controversy around the others to sour the welcome party. Everyone will fall in line eventually but there's going to be some salt on draft night if it's Young, Richardson, or Levis.   

Never knew 20% of the fan base clearly Favors one so much over the other that they’d boo

we get it YOU don’t like one guy.  But YOU and 2-3 others on here don’t equal a majority of the fan base

• Pie 2

34 minutes ago, Growl said:

I remember the discussions being more offense vs defense oriented, honestly don’t remember anybody wanting yo gabba

there were a few in the gabbert and locker camps. yo gabba had the most support between the two of them, though. i know many draftniks thought that this was largely a cam vs. gabbert draft and many in that debate were pro-gabba. no one was doing the stuff that we thought Cam would be doing. we'd never seen a QB like him tbh. a QB either passed a lot or ran a lot and they typically only ran if they couldn't throw very well...at least that was the narrative most ran with. we saw Cam throw and run in college, but few thought that it would transfer to the pros the way it did.

but there were others who wanted Marcel Dareus, too. i think he had the most clamoring of any non-Qb player that year.

31 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Stroud fans just won’t show up. Having fans show up with Stroud/Levis/AR signs would not be the best look. 

I get what they are doing. It seems most of these Bryce to CAR stuff is coming from Mortensen and King types. The old trusted guard. 

Lmaoo...trusted guard 

6 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Going to go out on a limb and say Bryce Young will be the best QB in the NFC South this year. That's how much I believe in this kid ability to play QB.

We have a legit Oline this kid will be protected from day 1.

The Texans aren’t in our division…

Seriously though, I’ll support the choice the team makes.

7 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Because the fanbase clearly favors Stroud and there's enough controversy around the others to sour the welcome party. Everyone will fall in line eventually but there's going to be some salt on draft night if it's Young, Richardson, or Levis.   

How could you possibly know this?

It does seem like the tide is turning towards favoring Young at 1. He has been the #1 QB in college the past two seasons, without a doubt. 

I do find it odd that one of the most popular comparisons to Young is a PG rather than an NFL QB. The best comp is to a different sport? I get the correlation and what they're implying, but it's very hard to pindown an NFL QB comp for him. 

Yes, I've seen the Rodgers, Burrow, Flutie, Russ, Brees comps, but I feel like this obsession with point guard is an odd conversation that keeps coming up.

Also, this coaching staff would seem to want someone to take snaps from under center, as well as in the gun. Young is not good at this, but Stroud is exceptional at it. 

I just keep coming back to if both quarterbacks are separated by the thinnest of margins, both are seen as franchise QBs, and you're staff is pretty evenly divided, why not take the guy that's 4 inches taller and 20+ pounds heavier?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, rayzor said:

there were a few in the gabbert and locker camps. yo gabba had the most support between the two of them, though. i know many draftniks thought that this was largely a cam vs. gabbert draft and many in that debate were pro-gabba. no one was doing the stuff that we thought Cam would be doing. we'd never seen a QB like him tbh. a QB either passed a lot or ran a lot and they typically only ran if they couldn't throw very well...at least that was the narrative most ran with. we saw Cam throw and run in college, but few thought that it would transfer to the pros the way it did.

but there were others who wanted Marcel Dareus, too. i think he had the most clamoring of any non-Qb player that year.

Was a fun year. That 2011 draft was nuts.

I remember being enticed by AJ Green and Patrick Peterson, too. 

• Pie 3

Just now, Soul Rebel said:

I do find it odd that one of the most popular comparisons to Young is a PG rather than an NFL QB. The best comp is to a different sport? I get the correlation and what they're implying, but it's very hard to pindown an NFL QB comp for him. 

Thats because he is literally the outliers of all outliers.  There has never been a qb like Young.  While that could be exciting its also scary as fug. 

24 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Josh is very trusted source. I love that he basically said who the team is  drafting without saying their name

2011 - Took Heisman winning QB at #1

2023 - We’re once again going take a Heisman winning QB to be the face of the franchise 

You simply can’t pass up “special” you guys should be excited.

Chris Weinke won a Heisman and he wasn't all that special...

• Pie 2
  • The D 1

Just now, ncfan said:

Never knew 20% of the fan base clearly Favors one so much over the other that they’d boo

we get it YOU don’t like one guy.  But YOU and 2-3 others on here don’t equal a majority of the fan base

Try reading any poll or the comments section on who should be the pick. And @Tbe is right, the team's not going to want Team Stroud vs Team Young on draft night.

Since you want to act dense I'll put it this way: I haven't seen a single example of a fan being against drafting Stroud and I can't say for the other QBs.

• Pie 1