• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thick smoke: CJ Stroud red flags coming out - "not an easy guy to coach," "CJ Stroud...giving the Carolina Panthers pause"

Saca312

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

So what's your end goal here?

For? You’re the one making the nonsensical alt claims. I mean you didn’t even understand my first post and have some sort of mental breakdown at any attempt at discussion of factors outside of your comfort zone so it’s not like I have any delusions that you’re going to all of a sudden have anything reasonable to say. I think you’re projecting some insecurities or something, but that’s on you.

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

I mean if CJ has such character concerns, I'm concerned that Bryce Young hangs out with him all the time!

I don't know why I was auto corrected from "associates" to "assimilates" but it's bugging me. At any rate i have no idea who Young and CJ pal around with but I hope they are high quality people. 

8 minutes ago, pantherj said:

I don't know why I was auto corrected from "associates" to "assimilates" but it's bugging me. At any rate i have no idea who Young and CJ pal around with but I hope they are high quality people. 

This is the kinda stuff that gets no attention, not worried about him

"I have some friends on the team," Stroud told BuckeyesNow.

He had his hood up over his head to try and remain incognito, but he couldn't hide forever.

When fans realized they were amongst one of the program's best-ever quarterbacks, they came over, had conversations and took pictures with Stroud, who didn't deny or turn away a single one.

https://www.si.com/college/ohiostate/news/ohio-state-buckeyes-quarterback-cj-stroud-pro-day-nfl-draft-softball-game

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I am in favor of Young, but Stroud is a very good player, and he seems to be humble and very morally grounded.  He seems smart.  What about that says, "uncoachable?"

I've not seen anything prior to this that even hinted at that.

Will be interesting to see if Ryan Day responds to this.

Not exactly the same topic but one of his big time receivers who's now in the NFL said that Stroud treated the lowest level player on the roster like they were the superstar receiver. It's hard to buy in to these rumors. I'd say the same for any if these qbs.

Edited by csx
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 3

3 hours ago, Varking said:

This reminds me of the Justin Fields isn’t a hard worker. He’s not a first in last out kind of guy. 

Was stupid before the draft and proven demonstrably false since he arrived in Chicago. 

This is a very obvious BS “report”.

Well he did just lead his side to the worst record in football until he proves otherwise it seems he was the worst QB from that top tier in the class 

1 minute ago, Aussie Tank said:

Well he did just lead his side to the worst record in football until he proves otherwise it seems he was the worst QB from that top tier in the class 

You are alleging Fields has character, work ethic or coachability issues ? Based on?

4 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

Wow this is really affecting some of you huh.

https://247sports.com/Article/Colorado-football-Deion-Sanders-comments-about-recruiting-positions-based-on-parent-dynamics-revisited-205215960/Amp/

Literally said I wondered about something based on Deion Sanders comments and didn’t have the answers. Get over yourselves.

Here's some free life advice - don't listen to anything that comes out of that slimeball's mouth.

You'll be better for it. Deion only cares about Deion.

Wow - where is all this Stroud hate coming from suddenly. I really hope the Panthers ignore the media noise and not overthink this decision.  It needs to be Stroud.  You've risked too much to get this pick wrong.  His floor is an NFL starting QB, his ceiling is a top 10 QB.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1