• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Richardson “knocked” S2 cognitive test “out of the park”.

DFive

10 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

With what people are saying about Caleb Williams and Drake Maye right now, it really might have been the best option for him as far as draft position to come out this year. But who knows, so much can happen in a year. Maye and Williams will start getting nitpicked to hell just like everybody else.

Good point.  My view is this:  If you have the upside you are selling, another year in college should elevate you above the others. 

13 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

This is a very good point about Bryce young and his s2

I had nearly a perfect SAT score but I was part of a program through Duke that let me take it twice a year since I was in sixth grade. 

learning how to take a test is almost more important than actually knowing anything, LOOKING AT YOU LSAT 

He probably would have scored really well anyway, but that is a massive advantage. Not an apples to apples comparison with other test takers.

4 hours ago, frankw said:

If you think AR is an extraordinary risk but BY isn't at all you are operating with clear bias.

I hope they are seriously considering this kid.

They appear to be trying to talk down to everyone else with the S2 and a 5'10" pedestal.

In reality they're talking up to those on the 6'4" pedestal with their faces at nut level.

3 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Good point.  My view is this:  If you have the upside you are selling, another year in college should elevate you above the others. 

He's already in the conversation for the 1st overall with only 1 year starting.  How much more does he need to do? Another year of college could only hurt his stock if he still has another crappy team in Florida. 

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, therealmjl said:

BY and AR are not in the same category of quarterback. Bryce Young was the best quarterback in high school, best quarterback in college, and has widely been considered worthy of #1 overall for two years now. 

BY has consistently been the best quarterback in whatever league he's been in since he started playing. AR has one season of middling quarterback play.

and before you say BY was on a better team blah blah - it's because he earned that right by his play. 

BY has risks associated with him, but they are not based on his play.

Bryce was not the best QB in college for 2 years now. Hooker was outplaying him until injury, Caleb Williams outplayed him. 

And you think there aren’t risks taking a dude who had dud performances against Texas and LSU? Or that while he was out the backup QB who couldn’t even play QB scored 3 TDs? And that a Bryce lead team didn’t make the playoffs in his final year? 

Every QB in this class has reasons to be concerned over their performance. 

• Pie 3
  • Poo 1

14 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

He's already in the conversation for the 1st overall with only 1 year starting.  How much more does he need to do? Another year of college could only hurt his stock if he still has another crappy team in Florida. 

And for the record we aren’t going to be much better this year. We have some pass catching studs coming in but most WRs don’t take off like a rocket their freshman years. The team should be better the year after that. 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

Not really word after the combine was he had the best interviews of any qb and was the best on the whiteboard and one of the more knowledgeable qbs in the draft football wise. 

The s2 score is not a surprise at all, especially if you watch his tape. 

By tape do you mean highlights? Because i watched complete games and he was complete crap. Maybe he is the ultimate qb mind in the ultimate qb body that only completes 53.8% of his passes.  Was he day dreaming out there or something?

6 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Here is what bothers me about AR:

1. He scores well on the S2 (reportedly a home run even though others possibly scored higher).

2.  He flicked the ball 70 yards at the combine.

3. He ran in the 4.4s

4. He completed 53% of his passes at Florida and did not say, "I need another year in college".

5. He has one season as a starting QB in college and did not say, "I need another year in college."

Yes, you could argue that his WRs dropped passes (because that only happens at UF) and you could argue that he is going to be an early first round pick.  Is that because AR is good or because he has the skill set to be good and desperate teams are willing to take extraordinary risks to get a franchise QB?

I think the best advice would have been to stay in school, get 20+ games of experience.  Show the world that the 53% completions in 2022 was a fluke.   Work on your mechanics.  Be the #1 overall pick in 2024. 

Also, he was recruited by Mullen and now has Napier as HC. Different coach, different philosophies. Could also be that he's not gelling with the new coaching regime, but that's not something we'd likely hear about in the press. 

• Pie 1

I think we need to start a full out AR bandwagon here. 

The YOUNGSTERS, although loyal and very vocal 😉 are overlooking the BIGGEST aspect of the NFL that has nothing to do with math camp scores or reaction speed, SIZE it matters.

There's no explaining why there aren't MORE 5'9" QBs in the NFL,none needed, the physical toll will be great.

This is who Bryce will be facing, look how big he is compared to 6'2"212lb(same as Matt Corral) Lamar Jackson...

Screenshot_20230413-152134~2.png