• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Young, Stroud, Corral

poundaway

12 minutes ago, Growl said:

hey remember when you absolutely positively guaranteed us the team wouldn’t be drafting a QB because “they can’t just move on without seeing what the GOLDEN LION has to offer”

maybe someone with your track record of absolute and persistent errancy should eat a little humble pie 

Dude. Number pick changes all calculations. I actually AM right sometimes.

YOU guys? 

Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office

You ignore my good picks and highlight mediocre ones.

56 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Dude. Number pick changes all calculations. I actually AM right sometimes.

YOU guys? 

Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office

You ignore my good picks and highlight mediocre ones.

I usually say I love you enthusiasm, but I think you would benefit from slowing down a bit, Corral is nor better than Young, that is a bit crazy even for you.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I'd put it at 90+%.

It would be a genuine shock to see Corral make the roster. He didn't get picked by this staff and the reviews from TC weren't positive when he was healthy.

It will likely be another in a long list of major Matt Rhule blunders in the NFL draft.

Reviews from training camp were very positive. 

However that’s training camp so most of that stuff is fluff anyway. 

He was doing all the right things though but our (very) lame duck coach wasn’t putting a make or break year on a rookie. 

Basically the kid had bad luck in his situation, and then bad luck with the foot. If our new rookie plays well and stays healthy, Corral will be somewhere else next year ideally. 

No sense cutting him now when he hasn’t had a chance to show anything. That’s the only take I can’t…take. 

It’s almost as if some people here have viewed him as a net negative on the roster since he showed up. Not sure why that is. If he sucks he sucks, but as a prospect he has a lot to like, and he makes a much better plan B to me than stomaching Dalton if Bryce/CJ can’t cut it. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/mel-kiper-jr-explains-why-220249830.html

Mel Kiper Jr. Explains Why Bryce Young Should Be The First Overall Pick In 2023 NFL draft

Bryce Young has long been expected to be in the conversation for the first overall pick of the 2023 NFL draft. ESPN’s lead NFL draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr. now makes his stance clear: Young should be the first pick.

The Carolina Panthers will be the first team to select a player in the draft and Kiper believes the franchise has done enough in the 2023 offseason to make it the best possible landing spot for an impact player like Young.

He also mentions Young’s 2022 college football season performance helped his draft projections. Without a superstar cast of skill position players, he was still one of the best players in the nation.

Whether it be the Panthers or another team. An NFL franchise will be very happy with Young.

• Pie 1

We should see what this coaching staff can do with his potential. 

If the pick is Bryce, he'd be an ideal backup. And Iirc, in Young's Heisman year, Corral was in the running as well. I wouldn't give up on him just yet. He actually does have talent. 

Only thing is, whoever we draft is a lock. As well as Dalton. That leaves Eason and Corral to battle it out. Uphill climb for Corral as I speculate Eason to Reich is a different version of PJ to Rhule. 

• Beer 2

9 minutes ago, ColumbusCounty said:

We should see what this coaching staff can do with his potential. 

If the pick is Bryce, he'd be an ideal backup. And Iirc, in Young's Heisman year, Corral was in the running as well. I wouldn't give up on him just yet. He actually does have talent. 

Only thing is, whoever we draft is a lock. As well as Dalton. That leaves Eason and Corral to battle it out. Uphill climb for Corral as I speculate Eason to Reich is a different version of PJ to Rhule. 

I mean the 9er's gave up a lot for Lance, kept Jimmy G, got Purdy as an afterthought. It's not that different of a situation and Purdy was on track to get them to the SB. Corral is worth nothing right now so no reason to move him until you see what he's got for a few months under actual NFL coaching

On 4/16/2023 at 7:12 AM, RevJ said:

If this is the case then putting Corral on the PS and protecting him makes sense.  He's not going to be #1 or #2.  It would give the Panthers a chance to have another position of need on the active roster.   The chances of 2 QBs going down in the same game are slim.  

I think with this staff Corral will open some eyes and give him a chance to develop.  We still have him for 3 more season and at worst case scenario we might get some trade value out of him.

• Pie 1

One year after selecting him in the third round of the 2022 NFL draft, the Carolina Panthers are ready to cut bait on Matt Corral, according to NFL Network's Mike Giardi.

Giardi reported Monday the Panthers "would be willing to move" Corral and that the "cost won't be high."

The Charlotte Observer's Mike Kaye followed up to add Corral "isn't being actively shopped for a trade" but that "a good offer could lead to anything during this time of year."

This comes after the Panthers traded up to the No. 1 overall pick in the 2023 draft, a move that allows the franchise to select the top quarterback on its board.