• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Falcons rivalry potentially get a added spark

ncfan

44 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Bijan is the best RB prospect in a long time. I know they say don’t pick a RB early because of longevity but for a team with a questionable or young QB, Robinson could be a godsend 

If HOU is serious about landing Anderson or Wilson at 2, they're gonna push QBs down a hair. 

Puts ATL in prime position to trade down if Stroud (or even Levis) is available.  Houston may want to jump the Titans to the grab the last of the top-4 remaining.  ATL gains more ammo to surround Ridder, Houston still lands a QB.  

Not that I want them to succeed but if they play their cards right, could be in good shape.    

24 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

They would be idiots to not continue to build a team around rheir current QB, unless they lied about their support for their QB. 

Disagree completely. Rudder was a 3rd rounder. If a much more talented QB is an available, you take that QB and don’t look back. We still have Corral. Are we stupid for taking a QB?

• Flames 1

That would be a serious desperation move but I think we'd be fine either way. Eventually the other teams in this division are going to improve. But I don't see the odds of any young QB doing particularly well with the Falcons.

Regardless with how much has been said about this years QB class many folks here need the others to be mid or busts. If not cue the weekly comparisons.

12 minutes ago, frankw said:

That would be a serious desperation move but I think we'd be fine either way. Eventually the other teams in this division are going to improve. But I don't see the odds of any young QB doing particularly well with the Falcons.

Regardless with how much has been said about this years QB class many folks here need the others to be mid or busts. If not cue the weekly comparisons.

Top 3 run game, top 5 OL to go along with Pitts, London and whoever else Atlanta drafts and you don’t see any young QB doing well there?

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

6 minutes ago, Ball4life said:

Top 3 run game, top 5 OL to go along with Pitts, London and whoever else Atlanta drafts and you don’t see any young QB doing well there?

I didn't say they wouldn't have any success at all but the Falcons have been rotating coaching staffs in and out for years and their defense is usually meh. Are they going to give us all we can handle because it's a rivalry? Sure. Do I think they're going to be a legit playoff contender? Not until proven otherwise.

Edited by frankw

1 hour ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

Here is a nice thread from Talk About The Falcons forum and their thoughts on Bryce Young as our QB.

https://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4097159-looks-like-the-panthers-have-decided-who-the-falcons-get-to-see-twice-a-year-for-a-while/

Here is one of the comments made:

"Grady will put him in traction. He better be elusive because there are other 300 pounders coming for him. You have limited time on  this earth. The Falcons' defense is not like the UGA defense."

Guess you missed these lol

Screenshot 2023-04-19 125631.png

54 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm not worried about where CJ lands. It's Richardson I'm worried about.

I’m worried he will go to Indy. I hate them as much as I do falcons and saints. I’m surrounded by colts fans and they talk so much trash for a team that sucks poo. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, pantherclaw said:

He won't be there. They can take hooked. 

May be true but doesn’t make them idiots for visiting with Stroud in case he drops to them. If Houston doesn’t go QB, Atlanta will likely have to make a call on one of the top 4, not just Hooker. Hooker will not go top 10.