• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CJ Stroud: I’m a football player, not a test taker

NAS

There was talk on NFL radio this morning and the test was brought up. From what was said about that test it doesn't determine how good IQ of a QB will be or how well he will play. All of this is a big distraction and a ridiculous reason to cause any QB to just freefall in draft positions.

Edited by PantherOnTheProwl1523
  • Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

If he's there at 9 it's going to be chaos in here

And if he does fall to 9, if we were picking there, we'd have to think why in the hell would he have dropped.  Major red flags and we'd probably pass on him too at that point.

• Pie 6

11 minutes ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

There was talk on NFL radio this morning and the test was brought up. From what was said about that test it doesn't determine how good IQ of a QB will be or how well he will play. All of this is a big distraction and a ridiculous reason to cause any QB to just freefall in draft positions.

Well that seems wrong. It's not an IQ test and everyone who has scored low hasn't succeeded in the NFL. If Stroud really got a low score (which seems accurate at this point given his answer) then he'll be an outlier. The data they've collected thus far points to Stroud being a dud.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

Did someone let him know he's not in the NFL yet? Saying you're one of the smartest QBs in the NFL when you haven't even been drafted yet or currently a member of an NFL roster isn't a smart thing to say.

I'm a fan, but I echo others in saying that a few of his answers to questions have made me cringe a little 😬

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Did someone let him know he's not in the NFL yet? Saying you're one of the smartest QBs in the NFL when you haven't even been drafted yet or currently a member of an NFL roster isn't a smart thing to say.

They all do that though.  It's confidence.  AR said he will be in the HoF and he hasn't be drafted yet.  

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

Had to rewatch it to catch what he said... second language and all. Something about probably the smartest QB in the draft, and when he get drafted tomorrow he will be one of the smartest QBs in the NFL.

Yeah...

His quote reminded me of this:

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

18 minutes ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

and for that cherry picked interview there are 10 more that would disagree

1 minute ago, Billy Goat said:

Well that seems wrong. It's not an IQ test and everyone who has scored low hasn't succeeded in the NFL. If Stroud really got a low score (which seems accurate at this point given his answer) then he'll be an outlier. The data they've collected thus far points to Stroud being a dud.

I would tend to believe someone that has more football knowledge than either of us. And by the way you must enjoy saying a false statement about CJ being a dud which is totally ridiculous and lame to even say something stupid like that.

• Pie 2