• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Drake Maye was in this draft would you pick him over Young?

ENC Pantherfan

If Drake Maye was in this draft would you pick him over Bryce Young?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Maye or Young?

• Maye
    • Young

I don't watch UNC football (despite being an alum), but statistically speaking, the last 4 games of the season were his worst 4 games by virtually every metric.  He seemed to start off sizzling hot and then fell off towards the end of the season.  Not sure if he was injured or he lost a bunch of receivers/o-line or what, but that's a bit of a discouraging trend to end the season.  Bryce Young on the other hand, doesn't seem to have really had a statistically "bad" game dating back the last two seasons, other than perhaps the UGA championship game last year where he threw for 369 yards, 1 TD, and 2 INTs.  Maye has had a very promising start to his career, but I still think he's TBD to see if he can play an entire season at a high level, whereas Young has proven that.

• Pie 2

Young is a 180 pound qb. That's not big at any level of football much less the nfl. He's a smart guy and processes great. He's gonna be the panther qb and hopefully hold up for 5 good years. I'd choose Maye over him based on Mayes incredible skill level and great size. The sad thing about young is he checks off so many important boxes as a qb but is a very small human by fb standards. 

Drake has talent but here are a few things I have issues with:

Despite popular belief, UNC is a talented football team. They’ve had numerous top 15/20 recruiting classes over the last 5 years.

With that being said, his performances and his team performances vs inferior opponents in talent like GT, NCSU, etc leaves a lot to be desired. Especially against GT was just a poor outing for a talented offense vs GT team that only accounted for 4-5 wins. 

Drake Maye is good but he is going to be picked apart this time of year just like everyone else.  We don’t know his mental makeup but I do know his bloodlines say extremely grounded.  I am not a huge Caleb Williams fan personally but Drake is extremely level headed and very talented.  He has to be the leader for #1 next draft.  Not perfect though 

My question really early is can Drake improvise and make plays on the move.  He will probably be facing competition concerns.  His performance next season will be interesting 

Edited by Shocker