• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Which team ‘won’ round 1 and which team ‘bombed’

TheBigKat

7 minutes ago, rayzor said:

true. but he'll be walking into a situation where these guys are also going to be looking for another contract soon. small consolation, but i'm not a believer in ridder except that i don't mind him being the falcons QB for a while. i do feel like, though, if Young takes off like it's believed he will, i won't be worried by any other teams in the NFCS.

We are ahead of the curve in the division. We went out and got a high end QB prospect. In another year, Atlanta, Tampa and New Orleans might all be kicking themselves for not doing more to get a good one on a rookie contract sooner. I understand the Falcons giving Ridder a chance. I don’t understand what Tampa is doing. The Saints got Carr but I am anti-retreads. 

3 hours ago, panfanman said:

I would have been totally fine with trading back, getting more picks and taking Hooker.  I think he's going to be as good as any of the other 4.

I like Bryce Young. I admire the willingness of the team to move up and get us out of our QB purgatory. The front office picked him so we have to roll with him.

That said, my thoughts about Hooker are similar to yours. He played against some of the best competition week in and week out in the SEC (TN even beat Bryce and BAMA when they played this past season). Carolina could have probably nabbed him at #39 without giving up DJ, a 2nd and 3rd this year, a #1 in 2024, and a #2 in 2025.

Anyway, the die has been cast. All we can do now is see how things pan out in 2023.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, Varking said:

We are ahead of the curve in the division. We went out and got a high end QB prospect. In another year, Atlanta, Tampa and New Orleans might all be kicking themselves for not doing more to get a good one on a rookie contract sooner. I understand the Falcons giving Ridder a chance. I don’t understand what Tampa is doing. The Saints got Carr but I am anti-retreads. 

i feel the same way about all of them. Carr is an ok QB. he's solid. but he'll never be feared. falcons are going to have to play catchup once they realize that ridder won't get them anywhere. the bucs lucked out and had brady, which is the only way in which they have managed to be at all relevant in 20 years. they won't get another brady. 

i feel that we are going to own the NFCS for at least a couple years. 

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, Varking said:

Tampa is going for a QB prospect next year instead of taking the 4th QB this year. I don’t blame them. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

Count me in as not being quite as high on what the Texans did. Stroud was a great pick but they gave up a lot for Anderson, and I say this as someone who had Anderson as the draft's #1 player. But they gave up their first next year which could easily wind up being a top five pick.

it was a horrible knee jerk move. i'd be furious if we did something like that for a DE 

22 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

it was a horrible knee jerk move. i'd be furious if we did something like that for a DE 

I mean, edge rusher is a position of supreme value. Especially someone like Anderson that should be a perennial double digit sack guy, it just doesn't make sense for a Texans team still littered with holes. If that was the final piece maybeeeee, but it's not