• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 2 - The Carolina Panthers Select Jonathan Mingo - WR - Mississippi

rodeo

Not a big fan of this. He's not Brown or Metcalf. Good not great hands and is intimidated but physical play. Watch his game vs Mississippi State last year. He got hit hard the first drive and wasn't a factor the rest of the game. Wanted Sanders or the LSU edge more. 

• Poo 2

2 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

So David Tepper is the biggest smokescreen? In his presser yesterday he said with Bryce Young, you didn't need to pick the best WR and can invest in the defense. With the #39 pick, the Panthers select a WR! lol 

I thought about that lol I still think we sign either Floyd or Yannick tho. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

By taking Mingo we essentially lose out on a starting caliber EDGE there won’t be one @93 

Apparently kicking that can down the road. I'd expect a vet pickup in the weeks to come. There was a lot of talk that teams were not impressed with the depth at edge. 

Edited by Wolfcop
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

Not sure about this one. He seems similar to theilen and tmj , would've rather got Hyatt or an edge 

It’s all about making it as easy as possible for our rookie QB. Defense is taking a backseat for now.

Really like this pick! He's got that "dog" in him. He has that potential to take it the distance every time he touches the ball! 6' 2" 225 lbs and runs a 4.46. Supposedly, Smitty was scouting this guy.

I see this kid making an instant impact. Pray he stays healthy! Him and TMJ could be a great tandem! 

Young to Mingo... will be hearing this a lot by the commentators!!

• Pie 2