• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 3 - The Carolina Panthers Select DJ Johnson - EDGE - Oregon

rodeo

8 minutes ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Can yall quit saying "trust the staff" it's annoying as fug. Have we ever had any reason to trust any staff we've ever had to this point?

This is such an idiotic comment.  First of all - this is a new coaching staff.  Second -  you act like we’ve never had any success at all and a ton of bad drafts.  This team has quite a bit of talent, both drafted and signed via FA.  I trust that they know more about football than anyone on this board.  

• Pie 3

14 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Long EDGE and even NFL.com had him pegged as a 3rd-4th rounder.  Not really a reach, just a dude not many looked at, myself included.  6'4 260 4.49, I mean if this mad-dog of a defensive staff likes him, let's see what's up. 

Exactly, imagine having an OLB/DE who actually has prototype measurables and high level athleticism. If the majority of our fans dislike him, it prob means he will be a good player. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

No he is not. He is not a high character player and tends to be a hot head with little to no playmaking impact. JAG with potential that only a select few believe they can develop. He should have been a 5th round development player at best.

This FO with FItt is the same. They continue to trade up for developmental players they have no intention of using as impact players and reach with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks for players that will not be key players to win a championship. The Panthers continue to give away draft capital to other teams. Wasted championship level draft capital on QB after QB, and now this waste of draft capital.

So much for the high character BS from the organization.

cbs lol GIF by HULU

• Pie 3

32 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

A first round grade LB in Simpson is on the board and you trade UP to get a 25 year old LB

Yeah well clearly the NFL scouts don’t view him as a first round grade LB lol. You are kinda proving his point.

I’m scratching my head on this pick as well but it’s obvious the 1st round grade is BS. If he really had one he would have been gone long before now.

2 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

Exactly, imagine having an OLB/DE who actually has prototype measurables and high level athleticism. If the majority of our fans dislike him, it prob means he will be a good player. 

("  If the majority of our fans dislike him, it prob means he will be a good player.") Point well taken.

• Pie 1