• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft classes of other NFC South teams

FuFuLamePoo

Considering we were just one game away from winning our division a year ago, how do you guys think our peers in the south did in the draft? The Saints are the early betting favorites to win the division, but I feel like most pundits would agree that our division is kind of a crapshoot because of how poor it is. We'll see how Carr plays, but they hit the lines early in the draft and I do think Kendre Miller could be an instant impact.

I'm not going to lie seeing Bijan twice a year scares me. I think he's the truth and will be an absolute bellcow in this league for a long time. Not many of their other picks move me, and I still am not scared of a Desmond Ridder lead team. He looked atrocious last year. 

Think the Bucs have had a very poor draft, and they may have the worst QB situation in the league.

I know this is the most optimistic we'll feel between now and September but I legitimately think if Bryce has a good rookie season we are winning this division with 9-10 wins.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

9 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

I'm not going to lie seeing Bijan twice a year scares me. I think he's the truth and will be an absolute bellcow in this league for a long time. Not many of their other picks move me, and I still am not scared of a Desmond Ridder lead team. He looked atrocious last year. 

We've seen what happens when you have a good RB but no QB. That said, the Falcons are set up nicely for their next franchise QB.

10 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

Think the Bucs have had a very poor draft, and they may have the worst QB situation in the league.

I think they punted on this year and are just waiting for the next draft to nab their QB.

11 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

The Saints are the early betting favorites to win the division, but I feel like most pundits would agree that our division is kind of a crapshoot because of how poor it is. We'll see how Carr plays, but they hit the lines early in the draft and I do think Kendre Miller could be an instant impact.

The Saints seem to be treading water a little and trying to get another playoff push out of their vets and are probably the more complete, if aging, team. I think the division comes down to them and the Panthers, depending on Young's development.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Bucs look to be the bottom of the division from a roster/staff view. Saints are a solid team/roster with a below average coaching staff. The Falcons are a big question mark to me. A lot rides on Ridder taking the next step or not and I think they have a good HC with some pieces on offense and are trying to revamp their defense.

If Young can live up to the hype we could have the best QB in the division, I already think we have the best staff. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, t96 said:

We have the best QB and OL in the division easily, that tends to be a recipe for success.

If Young is already better than Carr (probably an average starter) in his rookie year I’ll be very happy. We have the best staff without a doubt in the NFCS.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

It is a little early to try picking a 2023 NFC South winner. However, if i had to go out on an early limb and predict the final outcome, I would have to say it would be between the Panthers and Saints, with the winner being determined by which QB Young or Carr that had the best season. 

1. Panthers

2. Saints

3. Falcons

4. Bucs 

Tampa will be the worst team in the league next season. Nothing they did changes that. Baker Mayfield plus the worst coaching staff in the NFL. Oh wee mayne. Solid core for a rookie in 2024 though.

Falcons apparently loved the Rhule era Panthers where they had talent at skill positions but no one at QB. Mediocre 6 win team

Saints should be decent. They beefed up their lines. I don't think Carr is that great but they should still be the betting favorites.

Bottom line is if the Panthers can show serious growth and fight and BY looks promising, I think that's good enough for me. I'm not expecting playoffs or anything. I'm going into this season like I did in 2011, which ended up being one of the most fun Panthers seasons even if they didn't win many games.

Saints however are desperately trying to win the Super Bowl instead of blowing it up, so expectations for them are kinda different. They are still a one and done in the playoffs at best.

Edited by Sean Payton's Vicodin
  • Beer 1

Going from PJ Walker to Bryce Young is a franchise altering move. None of the other teams made a franchise altering move. They all have journeymen QBs at best. We have a #1 franchise guy.

We were 1 game away from winning the division with a bunch of shitty QBs. We will win the division quite easily this year.

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, rodeo said:

Going from PJ Walker to Bryce Young is a franchise altering move. None of the other teams made a franchise altering move. They all have journeymen QBs at best. We have a #1 franchise guy.

We were 1 game away from winning the division with a bunch of shitty QBs. We will win the division quite easily this year.

If ridder hits, which I doubt, then they will be formidable.   They have some beasts on offense.    I think if it’s a coin flip for 2023 between us and the saints for the south