• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Post draft... what positions do you think we are weakest at?

TheBigKat

3 hours ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

It's still WR. Mingo is a rookie, Theilein is over the hill, and DJ Chark is often injured. It could get real ugly in that department, real fast.

I got dogpiled on twitter for suggesting this. People soon forget how having questions marks all over a position group is a negative and not a positive. The FO did as good a job as they could do, but we need one star on the WR corps at least and all we have is question marks. D hopkins can still be had.

• Poo 1

20 minutes ago, thunderraiden said:

I got dogpiled on twitter for suggesting this. People soon forget how having questions marks all over a position group is a negative and not a positive. The FO did as good a job as they could do, but we need one star on the WR corps at least and all we have is question marks. D hopkins can still be had.

I think folks are underestimating TMJ.  He’s fast, runs great routes, and can high point the ball.  He closed the season out well, despite terrible offensive coaching.  He could easily be our #1

WR and DL

Wide receiver group has so many questions, a TMJ/Mingo breakout could be huge but obviously not counting on it.

We're thin at EDGE outside 53, and even our iDL. I remain adamant we overrate 95 because of his draft positioning, I just am not seeing a player that's making a difference on every game. How many times did we say his name after the TNF game last year? I may catch some heat here but I think it's a big year for him and I'm far from being sold he's a second contract player for us. I've seen flashes, but year four and it's time to have a Pro Bowl caliber season.

Not sure why so many are worried about LB. Shaq is automatically a better LB than anyone Evero had in Den last year (and I'm far from a Shaq stan) and he got great play out of his LB's last year. Bell & Woods, should see Chinn playing more on the second level this year too. Want to see if Brandon Smith has a role this year.

I think maybe depth at CB...unless one of these undrafted rookies pans out.

Otherwise, I'm concerned about the front line on D. I like Tuttle and Brown. Not sure if Tuttle should be NT. Even if he is, I'm skeptical about Williams on the other side. I feel like we should try natural NT Bravion Roy in the middle, with Tuttle and Brown at DE. More balanced. 

But maybe we have another player in mind?

I think we're fine at TE. I like our LB Corp, especially if Chinn returns to a similar role as his rookie year.

I also like our WR group. All this chatter about needing a "number 1" receiver might be moot given Bryce Young's style.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, thunderraiden said:

Not to worry, Mingo is going to be a rookie man child beast I have a feeling. Josh Vann, the undrafted rookie will be a solid returner and also prove his worth as a receiver and that is just the rookies. I have a feeling that the guys we already have will gel together and WR will be filled with production and depth. Call me crazy but I feel this is going to be a ridiculous strength for us.

Not sure why everyone is saying LB. 

We will likely only have 2 on the field at a time in a 3-4 and it will be Luvu/Shaq. We also have Chinn in the box and Brandon Smith. ILB is fine. Edge is a concern on the anchor side. You have Burns, Haynes, Barno on the Buck side but only YGM and Johnson opposite of that.