• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vikings tried to trade up for Bryce Young?

NAS

2 hours ago, scpanther22 said:

I'd hate to be a vikings fan these past years...good but never good enough. Better off being terrible for a short time for the right picks

IMG_5998.gif.7abcb455b337046ffa11cf3e4437e8db.gif

huddle off season full on delusion mode activated…commencing insecure criticism for winning teams

• Beer 2
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, scpanther22 said:

You rather win and be middle of the pack then set yourself up for long term success? 

How awful the league would be if every team used that approach. It would be unwatchable.

14 minutes ago, csx said:

How awful the league would be if every team used that approach. It would be unwatchable.

Only a few QB options to draft every year, and the list of #1 overall taken at QB isn't great. Cam, Kyler, Mayfield, Goff, Winston, Luck, Bradford, Stafford. It's a team game with a much more coaching involvement than other sports so it all plays a part, but it's not like getting Lebron or Jordan solves all your problems at the NFL level

26 minutes ago, csx said:

What if 2 teams were trying to tank at the same time and faced each other 

Here you take the ball

Nah , go head 

No, I insist 

That's ok , you deserve  it more 

There is the endzone, and you are to fast for us

Yeah, but I just fumbled it so you guys can scoop and score 

Yeah, but we just couldn't pick it up, go ahead and score 

Nah, we just can't 

1000 years later....

Please go ahead and score 

Nah, you first 

• Flames 1

8 hours ago, frankw said:

Only on the huddle does someone chime in trying to speak up for Kirk Cousins lmao. Guys you don't have to shield mediocrity anymore it's a new day. Old habits die hard I guess.

What do you think the market rate is for a mediocre starting QB? This ain’t the 1960s. Derek Carr just signed a $150 million, $37.5 million/year contract. He’s at best in the same tier as Cousins, although statistically he has had a far less productive career. Jordan Love has done absolutely nothing so far in 3 seasons and got a $13.5 million contract. Thinking that a $10 million salary would scare people off from trading for a Cousins-level QB is just silly…there’s no need to get defensive. I’d be more put off by whatever assets they were probably asking for in the trade, rather than paying his relatively measly $10 million salary.

6 hours ago, Aussie Tank said:

I’ve seen people saying he has an average arm, average athleticism and even some saying he has average processing. 

Well the first two shouldn’t be considered silly. His arm is average for an NFL QB. As is his athleticism. His processing, however, is said to be elite.