• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft lottery talk

CamWhoaaCam

I think if there is any truth at all to Melo wanting out, we just ping ponged our way into a backup plan that would allow us to trade him for a king’s ransom and maybe have a shot at replacing his net impact with Scoot and the assets we’d get back. I’m not sure we’d win that kind of deal but it would be a hell of a lot better than having to sign and trade. 

Just now, SameDamnThing said:

I think if there is any truth at all to Melo wanting out, we just ping ponged our way into a backup plan that would allow us to trade him for a king’s ransom and maybe have a shot at replacing his net impact with Scoot and the assets we’d get back. I’m not sure we’d win that kind of deal but it would be a hell of a lot better than having to sign and trade. 

Bro Melo doesn't have leverage to ask out. He hasn't even got his 1st max contract yet.

They said the same thing about Zion leaving New Orleans. Money talks. Players will always take the money their 1st contract.

Also who are we trading Melo for?

• Beer 2

Wemby could end up an all-time great but he would have been an awkward fit. From a roster building standpoint I'm not upset.

Y'all saying trade LaMelo gotta be trolling or have lost your damn minds. I think everyone's getting carried away locking Scoot in as a PG. He's only had two years of the NBA 3 point line but his midrange is nice, he just needs time. He hasn't been jacking up Steph Curry shots from halfcourt since childhood like LaMelo. He's a better shooter than Terry was he transitioned to the 2.

• Pie 1

45 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Wemby could end up an all-time great but he would have been an awkward fit. From a roster building standpoint I'm not upset.

Y'all saying trade LaMelo gotta be trolling or have lost your damn minds. I think everyone's getting carried away locking Scoot in as a PG. He's only had two years of the NBA 3 point line but his midrange is nice, he just needs time. He hasn't been jacking up Steph Curry shots from halfcourt since childhood like LaMelo. He's a better shooter than Terry was he transitioned to the 2.

Even if this was true (which it isn’t) what is the fascination with short sg??? 
reality check Terry shouldn’t start..

Right now im leaning Scoot but i know im gonna start going back and forth on this up till the draft. Smh this bryce and stroud all over again. The difference is i feel the more tape i watch on miller the more i will like him.

Edited by CPF4LIFE

11 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Right now im leaning Scoot but i know im gonna start going back and forth on this up till the draft. Smh this bryce and stroud all over again. The difference is i feel the more tape i watch on miller the more i will like him.

It really isn’t that close..

7 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Stop!!! This please!!

This is the classic argument that doesn't fix itself. You don't suddenly start to become less injury prone if you have been for years.

Hayward is another in a long line of extremely poor FA decisions under the Jordan/Bobnets era.

6 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Draft Scoot, Trade Melo, for the love of basketball hire a new coach. 

Trade him for what exactly? They won’t get an unprotected pick from the Rockets or Pistons or some other team looking to pick top 5. And this franchise can’t draft for poo. So we trade him and use some low lottery pick to draft another Bouknight/Monk/Kaminsky/Washington/Vonleh? Or better yet, our dumbass GM trades the pick to a title contender for a late first and a bunch of seconds. No thanks.