• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Christian McCaffrey calls trade to 49ers “the best thing that ever happened to me”

ladypanther

16 hours ago, frankw said:

What else is he supposed to say?

That said I hope the Niners are poo. I'll be thrilled if they do well for a bit only to lose in similar fashion in the biggest game of their season again. Those bandwagon fans deserve the worst.

Their run has to be nearing it's end. That Trey Lance deal was terrible. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

Disagree. He’s a west coast boy to begin with. He had a shitty coach for arguably his prime. I don’t think he has hate for the organization. I think it was just a rebuke of Rhule. But also a sports player placation of his current team. 

Eh....he definitely reacted immediately like he was pretty upset. Not sure if you remember that in the immediate aftermath of the trade. I'd say that and the recent comment make it pretty obvious he wasn't happy about it.

It is what it is. 

Good guy, good player, in a good situation and closer to home.  He was a great team player while in Carolina and still follow him.  Wishing him best of luck and long career.  

Except if we meet 49ers in playoffs.  Then maybe he will have a career worst showing against us...

• Beer 2

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

He is 100% correct about it being a luxury. It didn't help SF win when they were down all their QB's because the league doesn't work like that. Same thing with Henry, Barkley, etc, etc, etc. Without the rest of the pieces around the elite RB, it doesn’t accomplish anything. 

Elite RB's are purely a luxury, not a necessity. 

Asking any player to compensate for the team being lousy at quarterback is a stretch.

Using that standard to measure their value is completely wrong.

Can you win without a guy like that? If your team is good enough, sure. Can you lose with a guy like that? If your team is bad enough, again yes, and the past few years Panthers are proof of that.

Bottom Line: Using the quality of the overall team to measure any single player's value is invalid, same as trying to make wins and losses a quarterback stat.

But the simple fact is that any team who has him is a better team because of it. Denying that is kind of silly.

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, poundaway said:

If Young pans out, it will be.  We used the 2nd from CMC to get Young.

Lol. The late 2nd round pick was the lowest value piece of the trade. Chicago probably would have taken our 2025 2nd over that late 2nd. Let’s not exaggerate here. We got a late 2nd, late 3rd and some throw in day 3 pick(s) for CMC. That’s it.

If we made the Burns trade and used those picks to get Young, sure, you could say that trade was great because it got us our future SB winning QB (knock on wood). CMC’s trade did not get us Young.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Asking any player to compensate for the team being lousy at quarterback is a stretch.

Using that standard to measure their value is completely wrong.

Can you win without a guy like that? If your team is good enough, sure. Can you lose with a guy like that? If your team is bad enough, again yes, and the past few years Panthers are proof of that.

Bottom Line: Using the quality of the overall team to measure any single player's value is invalid, same as trying to make wins and losses a quarterback stat.

But the simple fact is that any team who has him is a better team because of it. Denying that is kind of silly.

The whole better without CMC talk is amazing. Again, there’s a valid reason why they call us the most obsessed fan base. As soon as a player leaves, even if they didn’t want to, they are an enemy and they made our team worse. CMC came from a dysfunctional team with Rhule as coach, of course he thinks the sun is shining brighter. He went from the playoffs his rookie year to watching Cam miss 16 games the next two years and get released.

I watched a few SF games and it was obvious they were better with him. He started 13 games for SF including the playoffs and they were 12-0 before losing to Philly due to a bad non-challenge followed by having no QB. SF was 3-4 before CMC was the starter.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, rayzor said:

no, we were better with him. not enough to make it worth the price tag though, especially with his propensity to get injured...at least here anyways.

Personally, I am not so sure that is true.  It might be true, but it might not.  

All things being equal, we SHOULD have been better with CMC.  If we had a coach like Shanahan, we would have been better with CMC.  The problem is that bad offensive coaches will rely too much on a player of CMC's caliber when they can't do much else.  I think Wilks was a solid head coach, but if CMC had stayed here, I think that he would have made the same mistakes Rhule and Rivera did.  Meaning that the entire offense would have revolved around CMC.  CMC being gone actually force them to diversify, and the offense looked decent at times because of it.  

• Beer 1

SF is overrun with homeless people.

Charlotte is full of transplants and lacks a clear identity or unique feel.

CMC is a freakishly talented RB who was always a thrill to watch, but this league is all about who you have under center. CMC can make all the great moves he wants, but if poop Darnold was throwing the ball we weren't going anywhere.

Any decent RB will do just fine if Young is the real deal. If he's not, then Fitt is out of other people to blame for his horrendous QB decisions.