• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN ranked all 32 NFL teams by rosters, here's their list from best to worst:

ladypanther

6 minutes ago, Carolina Cajun said:

I called the saints being god awful last year, and Im still standing by it.  That roster is old and shitty.  Carr is the best part of that team, and thats not a good thing.

How quickly we forget people vouching for Derek Carr this offseason. Honestly was my most hilarious moments of the offseason.

1 hour ago, ladypanther said:

With the NFL in a quiet period between post-draft minicamps and preseason training camps, it's time to reassess how all 32 teams built -- and maintained -- their rosters this offseason. Which franchises retained their high-end talent from last season, added impact contributors in free agency and found potential starters in April's draft? And on the flip side, which teams actually are in worse shape than in 2022?

We asked ESPN football analysts Mike Clay and Seth Walder to rank NFL rosters from 1 to 32, then combined rankings to come up with our list of the league's best -- and worst. We asked them to rate each roster based on the talent, age and production of the players, not taking into account how some coaching staffs can squeeze the best out of their talent. Clay's rankings are powered by his 2023 projections, which include detailed stats and score predictions for every team.

Clay detailed the strongest and weakest units for all 32 squads, while Walder picked X factors to watch and nonstarters to know across the league. The projected starting lineups below are via Clay's projections. Here's how each roster stacks up:

ESPN +
Continue reading this article and more from top writers, for only $9.99/mo.

Continue Reading
Already an ESPN+ subscriber? Log in here.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/37892244/2023-season-roster-rankings-starting-lineups-all-32-nfl-teams

Took the average of TWO whole lists lol. Really groundbreaking stuff. I guess maybe that’s all they had left after the layoffs.

The 49ers ranking alone should tell you everything you need to know about this list.
Thats a top 5 roster no question.

Chiefs #1 is way too high for their roster as whole - Mahomes and Reid add a lot to their success. Still a good roster but probably not the top spot.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

How quickly we forget people vouching for Derek Carr this offseason. Honestly was my most hilarious moments of the offseason.

I didn't want him, personally, but I don't think he's as bad as people on here make him out to be.

That coaching staff in general though, yes they are bad. If the saints suck it's because they're getting old and the coaches suck, not because of Carr.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1