• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can Bryce Young lead Panthers to a deep playoff run?

NAS

6 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Panthers have 60 mil in cap room for 2024, and 6 picks, including a 2nd and 3rd rounder, which, if the team is as bad many expect it to be, will be, essentially, a late 1st and a late 2nd rounder. Yeah, no first rounder sucks, but, still a lot of talent can be added. 

There was a lot of speculation that the Falcons would trade up for a QB, especially before the Panthers traded up. I was opposed any  trade up and particularly to drafting Young, just because I don't think he can take the hits an NFL QB gets during a season. Early returns aren't great, but you can say that about almost every rookie QB that takes the field. Way too early to say what will happen in the next two-three years.

Sure....if they can actually pick decent players out of the picks they do have. Track record hasn't been great.

13 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Panthers have 60 mil in cap room for 2024, and 6 picks, including a 2nd and 3rd rounder, which, if the team is as bad many expect it to be, will be, essentially, a late 1st and a late 2nd rounder. Yeah, no first rounder sucks, but, still a lot of talent can be added. 

There was a lot of speculation that the Falcons would trade up for a QB, especially before the Panthers traded up. I was opposed any  trade up and particularly to drafting Young, just because I don't think he can take the hits an NFL QB gets during a season. Early returns aren't great, but you can say that about almost every rookie QB that takes the field. Way too early to say what will happen in the next two-three years.

chinn, luvu and burns need to be resigned with brown on the heels, our cap is going to be poo again

• Beer 1

49 minutes ago, falconidae said:

You have to take into account fitt can’t draft for poo and most prized free agents wouldn’t touch this franchise with a ten foot pole. Hope I’m wrong but we’ll see

3 minutes ago, RJK said:

You have to take into account fitt can’t draft for poo and most prized free agents wouldn’t touch this franchise with a ten foot pole. Hope I’m wrong but we’ll see

Somehow Fitterer still has some believers here as strange as it sounds. Guess some folks enjoy not having a winning season.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

3 hours ago, RJK said:

Still situation isn't as hopeless as some seem to think. Fitt might get it right, the new coaches might actually make a difference in the drafting, and money talks in FA.

There were legit reasons to take Bryce number one. If he develops, the rest of it can be worked out. 

3 hours ago, falconidae said:

Still situation isn't as hopeless as some seem to think. Fitt might get it right, the new coaches might actually make a difference in the drafting, and money talks in FA.

There were legit reasons to take Bryce number one. If he develops, the rest of it can be worked out. 

Its amazing that a falcons fan has more optimism for us than we do 

• Pie 1

Well, we’re getting into the part of the year where the rubber meets the road. The preseason is over, the kinks are supposed to be worked out.
They have had, under the old system, 4 preseason games and the opener. 5 games. No one ever really know what to think of teams after the opener. Division winners sometimes lose big week one. The true identity of a team emerges in the next few weeks. 
In our case, so far, the team looks really bad offensively and decent defensively but lost key players. Overall, based on the little we have to go on I believe they fall short of last year’s team.  

Consider it entertainment, because I don’t know what else we are going to get out of it.  Dalton, this week. Damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t. That is sort of entertaining. 

On 9/22/2023 at 6:21 PM, RJK said:

Yep all the cap space in the world won’t get FA to sign with us if we end the year as sorry as we have been the last 4 years.