• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fan enthusiasm...

Mr. Scot

I mean theres been run on top 8 draft picks, which is not good. But, big changes this off-season- minus tabor and campy whole new coaching staff(in which I think is the best in panther history.) Theres always turn over from year to year, 35-50% new players will be on the 2023 65 roster than the 2022 one. Panthers seem very young too, minus the grandpas on STs....

New 3-4 D and new O system, new rookie QB, new asst GM(among other FO).

Im in wait and see mode, but I sure did love nearly all moves....i didnt even talk much about the killer free agency haul- sanders, tuttle, hurst, bell, theilen, clark, and a bunch of value signing like byrd, DTs, rowe, et etc. Training camp in the oven should be fun...

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 4

51 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

A few specific results:

- 49% think the Panthers will win 9 games, nearly 20% think they can win 10 or more

- a solid 64% say the Panthers make the playoffs; close to 60% say the do so by winning the NFC South

- 55% have high confidence in head coach Frank Reich, while an additional 38% are "somewhat confident"

- grading GM Scott Fitterer, near 50% give him an A for the offseason while another 45% give him a B

- 93% say the choice of Bryce Young was the right call, though 56% admit to being "somewhat concerned" about his durability

- as far as other concerns, the cornerback position worries 60% of respondents, while another 21% think our pass rush will be the biggest issue

- no surprise, but a whopping 97% want the Panthers playing surface to be grass

- and finally, a solid 70% of poll takers firmly believe the team can win a Super Bowl within the next 5 years 😳

Lots more to see in the survey if you're a subscriber. But needless to say, after the changes made this offseason, fans feel pretty good about where the team is headed.

And I'm on board 😎

Good summary @Mr. Scot.  That survey was a bit more optimistic than this board seems to be but I am in.  Drinking the Kool aide. It's summer why not?  Fans got what they wanted....new coaching staff....promising new QB with no previous owners.   Life is good.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 4

19 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Good summary @Mr. Scot.  That survey was a bit more optimistic than this board seems to be but I am in.  Drinking the Kool aide. It's summer why not?  Fans got what they wanted....new coaching staff....promising new QB with no previous owners.   Life is good.

I'm admittedly a longtime fan of Frank Reich, so that helps 😄

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

A few specific results:

- 49% think the Panthers will win 9 games, nearly 20% think they can win 10 or more

- a solid 64% say the Panthers make the playoffs; close to 60% say the do so by winning the NFC South

- 55% have high confidence in head coach Frank Reich, while an additional 38% are "somewhat confident"

- grading GM Scott Fitterer, near 50% give him an A for the offseason while another 45% give him a B

- 93% say the choice of Bryce Young was the right call, though 56% admit to being "somewhat concerned" about his durability

- as far as other concerns, the cornerback position worries 60% of respondents, while another 21% think our pass rush will be the biggest issue

- no surprise, but a whopping 97% want the Panthers playing surface to be grass

- and finally, a solid 70% of poll takers firmly believe the team can win a Super Bowl within the next 5 years 😳

Lots more to see in the survey if you're a subscriber. But needless to say, after the changes made this offseason, fans feel pretty good about where the team is headed.

And I'm on board 😎

I'm on board as well. My 2 cents:

11 wins

win the NFCS and 1 playoff game

High confidence in Reich AND HIS STAFF

Fitterer gets an A on the free agency and an A- on the draft

Bryce WAS the correct call, but his size worries me

CB depth worries me more

GRASS please!!!

SB in 3!

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

...or "fanthusiasm" to coin a phrase, seems...high.

MuhSourcez.com is reporting that the 1 person who answered we are going in the wrong direction is Matt Rhule. 

Also..I’d love to see the results of the last few seasons

Edited by CLG
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, ladypanther said:

Honestly, I don’t think it’s less optimistic in here. The difference is the reaction to posts. For instance, most in here do think we have a good shot at winning the division and that that is our most likely way into the playoffs (like last year) because our division is the worst one. The survey says 64% think we’ll make the playoffs and 60% think it’ll be by winning the division. When you say that in here it means you don’t believe in the team and don’t like the players and coaches.

The only thing that actually surprised me was the SB win in 5 years.

Actually, looks like Scot misread that. The question is will the Panthers make the Super Bowl within 5 years. I’d say we can, but it’s not as easy to make/win SBs as we’ve seen and we certainly aren’t talented enough this year or next year. We’ll need a couple solid drafts before I think we are such as Mingo being a quality 1000 yard guy.