• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jaycee Horn says he's "ready to go"

TheCasillas

12 hours ago, Peon Awesome said:

Am I missing something? The guy started 13 of 17 games last year. He missed 2 games from bruised ribs and 2 games when he broke his wrist. Neither injury is prone to recur and he showed no serious signs of lingering issues from the foot fracture that ended his rookie year. I know we all wish he could play every snap but at least there's nothing in there to suggest he's going to continue to miss major time. Hell long term, if the early issues deflate his 2nd contract value, it might be a blessing in disguise cause a healthy Horn has perennial 1st team all pro potential and that is going to cost a fortune.

We just need him to stay healthy. The biggest issue is not finishing the season. Lamar eventually signed but the biggest concern was that he was getting dinged and missing playoff appearances. His unavailability at the end of the year ended Baltimore’s playoffs (lost in first round and missed) the last two seasons. Horn’s injury last year was in fact a blessing in disguise as we’d still be hunting for a QB, but at the time his unavailability did cost us a playoff opportunity. Again, I’m glad it did because no chance we move up from the 20s. Chicago needed T and our pick wasn’t a good spot for that and we’d have had to likely give up more 1st/2nds.

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Wasn’t Morgan’s problem concussions? That’s absolutely a chronic problem and one that becomes easier to happen every time it happens

The risk of further concussions ultimately put him out of the game. He suffered at least 5. In his 7 seasons, Morgan was never able to play through 16 games. The catalog of his injuries is pretty long, and goes beyond concussions.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, UnluckyforSome said:

The risk of further concussions ultimately put him out of the game. He suffered at least 5. In his 7 seasons, Morgan was never able to play through 16 games. The catalog of his injuries is pretty long, and goes beyond concussions.

Yea after I said that I looked it up. It was so long ago all I could remember were the concussions, but his other stuff was chronic stuff it seems. Not really comparable to what’s happened with Horn so far. Morgan had shoulder problems, Achilles problems and ankle problems in addition to the numerous concussions. Those are all things that linger. Not like broken bones which heal up and are like new after recovery. 

1 hour ago, WhoKnows said:

We just need him to stay healthy. The biggest issue is not finishing the season. Lamar eventually signed but the biggest concern was that he was getting dinged and missing playoff appearances. His unavailability at the end of the year ended Baltimore’s playoffs (lost in first round and missed) the last two seasons. Horn’s injury last year was in fact a blessing in disguise as we’d still be hunting for a QB, but at the time his unavailability did cost us a playoff opportunity. Again, I’m glad it did because no chance we move up from the 20s. Chicago needed T and our pick wasn’t a good spot for that and we’d have had to likely give up more 1st/2nds.

Now all we need is for him to stay healthy, lets scratch off the first 2 seasons of freak injuries and have a fully healthy career from here on out. 

2 minutes ago, OceanPanther said:

WRAL coverage of opening day.

Bryce’s Birthday yesterday , Horn with a lot to prove, players Arriving in style  .. IT’S STARTING 

https://www.wralsportsfan.com/training-camp-move-in-chronicles-birthday-boy-horn-to-prove-and-more/20971503/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter&utm_source=wralsportsfan&utm_term=Sports Morning

Paramount Network Want GIF by Yellowstone

• Pie 1

Injuries just happen or they don’t. Anyone can get hurt. I want the best player on the field. 

On the field, Horn is top 5 if not top 3 at his position. He’s a stud. 

And if you want to compare them; how DJ Moore worked Surtain, I haven’t seen anyone do that to Horn yet. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

16 hours ago, Adb6368 said:

This is the easiest assessment you can have in the nfl. Either he’s better or worse than Patrick surtain. That will solely determine whether this was the right pick or not. 

right now we are losing that battle 

tho the interesting thing is now we have him in the same system as Surtain. We can compare apples to apples after this year.

On 7/25/2023 at 12:49 PM, AggieLean said:

We could have had Surtain Jr, and I said so then.

And we could have had Pat Mahomes instead of CMC in 2017 or drafted Justin Jefferson instead of Derrick Brown in 2019 so how come you didnt call up to Bank of America stadium and let them know of these situations?

Sad Happy Hour GIF

• Pie 1

17 hours ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Injuries just happen or they don’t. Anyone can get hurt. I want the best player on the field. 

On the field, Horn is top 5 if not top 3 at his position. He’s a stud. 

And if you want to compare them; how DJ Moore worked Surtain, I haven’t seen anyone do that to Horn yet. 

Amari Cooper worked Horn in last years opener Jacoby just couldn't get him the ball lol check the flim

On 7/25/2023 at 9:52 PM, Adb6368 said:

This is the easiest assessment you can have in the nfl. Either he’s better or worse than Patrick surtain. That will solely determine whether this was the right pick or not. 

right now we are losing that battle 

Why did Surtain let DJ Moore roast him last year? 

Horn > Surtain.