• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Training Camp Day 1

Jackie Lee

2 minutes ago, t96 said:

Incredibly (in a bad way), that like 4 or 5 game stretch from Allen to start the season is the best QB play we've had since a healthy Cam. Not sure what happened to Allen down the stretch that year but the wheels really came off lol. Thank god we finally got aggressive to get Bryce.

d coordinators quickly figured out he had a weak ass arm and his throws had no velocity

16 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

In what way did I say anything remotely like that?

Everyone is praising his placement of that ball, but the placement of the ball was actually very dangerous and in a real game would have more likely resulted in an injury to Chark than a completed pass.

I'm not trying to be a debbie downer, but I just don't see the same thing when I look at that play that everyone else does.

If that DB isn't there and the only DB in that play is the one trailing Chark, then yea, it's an outstanding pass.  But that wasn't the case, looks to me like he just never saw that other DB there or else he wouldn't have thrown that pass.

I can see what you’re saying I’d say it looked like the safety was there to make a play. But that over the top ball placement could have easily resulted in PI if he hits him a second too early. Either way it’s one if his first passes in his first nfl training camp I’m sure he’ll get better a playing QB if that’s how it’s starting we’re in dam good shape with him and our staff.

• Beer 2

55 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Am I the only one not totally impressed with this play from Bryce's standpoint?

Great catch by Chark for sure, but this is not a completion in an actual game, if anything, Bryce might have just gotten Chark killed on this play.  The DB clearly pulled up there seeing as this is the first day of training camp, if this is a game, he's blowing up the WR there.

Was more of a medicine ball than a well placed pass

Only You GIFs | Tenor

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Castavar said:

Bro what? We haven't seen a pass that good since Cam.

This 1 million percent.  It was an effing dot in between 2 defenders.  Perfectly thrown leading Chark away from the big hit (although yes the safety would have hit him in a real game).  Chark should hold on regardless.

I'm not trying to be mean, but anyone who doesn't understand that this is a freaking high-level throw doesn't really understand football.

There's a reason Reich speaks about Bryce the way he does... this ain't normal having a rookie that can see the field like this.

Of course there will be ups-and-downs, but there is a large segment of this fanbase that can't or won't accept that there is an actual plan and staff in place for success, and it all begins and ends with #9.

I get it, the last 5 years (and especially the last couple) have been draining.  

Still, we have what may be the next Drew Brees and people still can't be happy... 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, tukafan21 said:

In what way did I say anything remotely like that?

Everyone is praising his placement of that ball, but the placement of the ball was actually very dangerous and in a real game would have more likely resulted in an injury to Chark than a completed pass.

I'm not trying to be a debbie downer, but I just don't see the same thing when I look at that play that everyone else does.

If that DB isn't there and the only DB in that play is the one trailing Chark, then yea, it's an outstanding pass.  But that wasn't the case, looks to me like he just never saw that other DB there or else he wouldn't have thrown that pass.

tbf chark is gonna get injured anyway if past performance is indicative... may as well be on a 50 yard bomb 

• Pie 1