• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Training Camp Day 1

Jackie Lee

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

in b4 pessimists say #91 would have decapitated him causing a sack fumble if he didn't pull up.

Yeah, but linemen are at a disadvantage without pads.

You can see how good he is at feeling and avoiding pressure though.

2 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

2086787748_ScreenShot2023-07-26at3_31_50PM.jpg.3f5d4f624c8a6a39e04fcb0ab0143dea.jpg

I'm watching this, that's the ball in the circle and the DB is already pulling up here because he's not going to break his own teammate in half on the first day of training camp.

The pass itself is a nicely thrown ball, but everyone praising the ball placement makes zero sense to me as the placement would have lead to Chark likely getting injured if this was a game, which in turns means it's actually terrible ball placement.

Guys, we're Panthers fans, but it doesn't mean we have to look at everything Panthers related as "the best thing ever" and not be able to look at things objectively.

I think Bryce is going to be great for us (as long as he stays healthy), but I just don't think THIS play is something to go all gaga over, particularly if you're using it to praise his ball placement.

image.png.1de09ac42ae158575d5eac2485f33ecc.png

Looking at when the catch was made vs. when Woods pulled up + the angle he was coming from, doesn't look like the hit would be nearly as bad as you think.

Plus, I've see Chark hold on to the ball while taking shots or having a defender hanging all over him. Would the safer play have been to hit the RB or TE underneath? Sure, but then we're hearing about how Bryce is scared to take shots downfield or doesn't have the arm to push it. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. It is what it is.

• Pie 5

1 hour ago, Billy Goat said:

I don't understand the logic in criticising a great pass into a tight window because it may have lead to a DB making a tackle after the catch. Isn't that football?

It feels like a running theme in the last few years reading people complain about passes because a big hit lands on the catcher directly after. It's a contact sport.

Last year we were watching these passes intercepted. Now that they are connecting people are blinding themselves and calling it a pick. Tells you all you need to know.

• Flames 1

it's obvious that Bryce Young is too short.. that's why those windows arent really tight windows, they are small because he is small but in reality they are big and should be intercepted. The defense is intentionally not trying so that they can make Bryce Young feel good about himself as a small person in the NFL. This just a charity thing.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1