• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Defective, shabby fountain spews new and old horseflop

UnluckyforSome

29 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Mr 7 year plan now says he's not patient? This time last year at a Panthers practice he was already saying it might be year 4 to start winning, like two weeks into year 3 training camp

Ironic, I know. I can't see him winning the conference. He might do ok against the other weaklings though.

• Beer 1

I started to write about how Covid was a valid excuse especially for new hires/new systems, but realized that others got markedly better results under the same circumstances.  
Then I remembered that I never listened to him when he was the coach of the Panthers, I am definitely not wasting my time listening to him now that he isn’t. 
He isn’t worth it. 

• Beer 1

I know he had "turn arounds" at Baylor and Temple but he also had Phil Snow and a decent reputation. He lost a lot of his reputation in the NFL when the media caught him contradicting himself 1000 times. His "turn arounds" never actually led to any success either because he sold himself while his value was high and took the next best job available.

His time at Nebraska is going to go like this. 

Year 1: 3-9 with the excuse of first year struggles. 

Year 2: 4-8 with some random upset at the end of the year that gives fans some hope.

Year 3: 4-8 with some excuse about injuries or close games. 

Year 4: Fired at 2-5 claiming they were "almost there". 

Then he will go to some smaller D1 school where he will be competitive again.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

14 hours ago, UnluckyforSome said:

Ironic, I know. I can't see him winning the conference. He might do ok against the other weaklings though.

I always question whether he means anything he says.

The whole "7 year plan" thing was probably just to an excuse for how poorly he was doing in the first couple of seasons.

He just spouts whatever bullsh-t he thinks people will buy 😠

2 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

This is probably my favorite headline in Huddle history, made even better by the fact I knew exactly what he was referring to, as soon as I read it.

Move over, "Tommy Jone Hurt Jake Arm"

Agree on this 😄

• Beer 1