• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Fowler's Notes from Panthers Training Camp

SaltAndPepper

4 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

Reality is Haason Reddick is a better player then Burns. He is the one that should have been retained.

2 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

Burns always disappears for long stretches and is a liability against the run. As I just mention to Camwhoaacam Haason Reddick was a better player and could have been retained for far less.

So basically this is about you wanting Reddick over Burns.

Thanks for getting to the point. Now that we got that out of the way we can sign Burns because he's the best pass rusher on the team. Sorry we can't get Reddick back and I don't think he wanted to return given the way he spoke about the culture of the team.

• Pie 2

18 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Thanks for getting to the point. Now that we got that out of the way we can sign Burns because he's the best pass rusher on the team. Sorry we can't get Reddick back and I don't think he wanted to return given the way he spoke about the culture of the team.

Burns wants prime Von Miller money and Reddick is better.  

Point is Burns is replaceable for cheaper.

• Poo 2

24 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I thought he was serious until you posted those quotes together let's me know all I need to know. This guy is still talking about keeping Reddick like free agents are owned by teams. It crazy to think that we could easily replicate the production of the 54th ranked player. I'd hate to see what he thinks of players rated 60-70 you'd probably say their straight scrubs huh.

Edited by trucpfan
  • Pie 2

Reddick is long in the rearview now. Burns does need to be more consistent. But saying he's the lesser of the two while glossing over the fact Reddick was playing on a stacked Super Bowl team on one of the best defenses in the league and helped by an offense led by an MVP candidate while we had Sam Darnold and Baker Mayfield says you just don't like Burns. That's your prerogative but just be honest about it if so.

• Pie 3

22 hours ago, TheMaulClaw said:

I like Burns but he should be a Ram right now.

I also had this sentiment for most of last season + this offseason but seeing how Burns has emerged as a leader and is potentially ready to take that next step I'm glad we kept him. We have a bunch of young guys with question marks already. If we traded Burns we'd have more of the same and probably the worst pass rush unit in football. Pay him.

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin
  • Pie 2

It just feels like this coaching staff and collection of players have way more cohesiveness and knowledge than we have maybe ever seen here.   Things will certainly not go perfect this season but the needle is headed north.

No more “it is what it is” and more we will make it what it is.

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, trucpfan said:

I thought he was serious until you posted those quotes together let's me know all I need to know. This guy is still talking about keeping Reddick like free agents are owned by teams. It crazy to think that we could easily replicate the production of the 54th ranked player. I'd hate to see what he thinks of players rated 60-70 you'd probably say their straight scrubs huh.

Maybe Reddick is just his favorite player?

3 hours ago, frankw said:

Reddick is long in the rearview now. Burns does need to be more consistent. But saying he's the lesser of the two while glossing over the fact Reddick was playing on a stacked Super Bowl team on one of the best defenses in the league and helped by an offense led by an MVP candidate while we had Sam Darnold and Baker Mayfield says you just don't like Burns. That's your prerogative but just be honest about it if so.

Reddick was better and more consistent with us. I'm not talking about his time in Philly.