• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who were your favorite Panthers preseason warriors (who did nothing in the regular season)

4 hours ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

I forget the guy's name but he was a middle linebacker with a blonde mullet in the 2010s.  Classic "sneaky athletic gym rat great kid from a great family nonstop motor" type player who was just all over the field.  I don't think he ever played a snap in a regular season game.

The Mayo man himself

spacer.png

Still in the NFL believe it or not.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Keep seeing Gettis brought up. He doesn’t really fit the criteria imo. He actually showed he belonged in the regular season his rookie year, with awful QB play. 

He just blew his knee and never got back to that. 

Him producing in real games at 6’4” with 4.3 speed, and then getting hurt is why so many were hyped for him, and why he is a panther meme for “late round potential gems.”

Yeah I think Gettis had a good chance of being a solid WR, on a roster every year for the next 5-7. Serious injury. Sucks. 

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, X-Clown said:

That’s not who he was talking about, it was J (Jeremy) Leman. Mayo actually made the team and played a few years

I looked it up and it was in fact Jeremy Leman I was thinking of.  My memory was a little off though as he was a Panther in 2009 and then bounced around the league for a few years.  As far as I can tell, though, he never compiled an NFL stat.

I remember when we drafted Mayo and you're right, he actually got a fair amount of snaps here.  He's still in the league too.  Was Boulware the guy who was like "yeah at the bottom of the pile I like to shove my finger in dudes' asses" or was that someone else.  If that was him, that's the only thing I remember about him.

3 hours ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

Ryne Robinson and Armani Edwards were both camp MVPs that were duds during the season. I think I’m 5-6 receptions behind Armanti as a pro. Seems like a good dude and an exciting college qb but such a disappointing NFL career. 

I was a freshman at App State the year we won our first FCS (then I-AA) national title with Richie Williams, and then the next year I think Trey Elder got one start with Armanti taking over permanently after that.  Every time he had the ball in his hands it felt like you were about to see something unbelievable.

Buuuut then he got to the NFL, where everybody is like that.  And most of them played against way better college competition than he did.  Those were long odds not even considering he was playing a new position.