• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Michael Oher claims Tuohy family tricked him into agreeing to conservatorship

hepcat

24 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, it just looks really bad in hindsight how the movie basically vilified and made a mockery of the efforts made to investigate the situation when if these allegations are true then what they were attempting to investigate was exactly what was going on. Basically just exploiting a kid in an awful situation who just so happened to have elite athletic talent. Again, if true then they almost certainly wouldn't have given the kid a second glance if there wasn't something there for them to exploit. That's just sad.

Not to mention that here it was supposed to be about the story of Michael Oher when in reality the movie was about a white knight lady and Michael Oher was just a supporting character.

Blindsided GIFs | Tenor

11 minutes ago, stratocatter said:

It has been a long time, did they know he had elite talent at the time they began helping him? 

Yes. He was first team All-State before he ever moved in with them. He was a five star recruit and the #5 OL recruit in the nation. Yeah, everyone knew this kid was ELITE. His HS coach who lobbied the school to get him in just so happen to get a job on the Ole Miss coaching staff. There were a lot of folks riding on this kid's coattails.

• Pie 4

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yes. He was first team All-State before he ever moved in with them. He was a five star recruit and the #5 OL recruit in the nation. Yeah, everyone knew this kid was ELITE. His HS coach who lobbied the school to get him in just so happen to get a job on the Ole Miss coaching staff. There were a lot of folks riding on this kid's coattails.

Shoutout Hugh Freeze!

Fun fact, he coached Oher and Greg Hardy at Briarcrest then both went with him to Ole Miss where he obviously ran a tight ship.

Freeze then went to Liberty where he coached Malik Willis who transferred from Malzahn and Auburn. On Freeze’s staff at Liberty was S.J. Tuohy.

Malzahn was then fired by Auburn and went to UCF. Tuohy then left Liberty and became Malzahn’s chief of staff at UCF.

Freeze then later left Liberty and now occupies Malzahn’s old job as the HC of Auburn.

Tim And Eric Omg GIF

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Shoutout Hugh Freeze!

Fun fact, he coached Oher and Greg Hardy at Briarcrest then both went with him to Ole Miss where he obviously ran a tight ship.

I didn't realize Hardy went there too. The shadiness of these HS "academies" is real. They basically exist to keep athletes academically eligible while they focus on sports. The grift is that the kids actually going somewhere are on scholarship. The rest of the school is rich kids whose parents bought the sales pitch. Maybe they'll end up playing D3 ball but they never had the talent to go anywhere anyway, it's just that someone has to pay the tuition to keeping the thing afloat.

• Pie 2

21 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

that's not what the movie said.  Sandy taught him to play LT with an inspirational speech about defending her. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

Just now, CRA said:

that's not what the movie said.  Sandy taught him to play LT with an inspirational speech about defending her. 

Seriously!  I cannot believe how Hollywood has lied to me!  The movie told me that Big Mike was an illiterate mongoloid who could barely tie his shoes.  It was only the sheer brilliance of Sandy Bullock that he became the LT he was always meant to be.  Remember, he took that career test and he scored very high on "protection skills". 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, joemac said:

Seriously!  I cannot believe how Hollywood has lied to me!  The movie told me that Big Mike was an illiterate mongoloid who could barely tie his shoes.  It was only the sheer brilliance of Sandy Bullock that he became the LT he was always meant to be.  Remember, he took that career test and he scored very high on "protection skills". 

I still love Joe Montana ruining Rudy too.  Montana was like offering up our jersey/spot? Nah.  Chanting his name? Nah.  Carried him off the field? Well, technically some pranksters did it as a joke to tease him. 

What The Blind Side taught me was that Tim McGraw really cleaned up his act after being an abusive and alcoholic father to Donny. After he moved from Permian, TX to Tennessee he really got his act together.

He now owns a lot of Taco Bell’s and married Sandy Bullock and they adopted… ermmm… kidnapped… a massive and athletic 5 star offensive lineman by the name of Michael Oher and then sent him off to Ole Miss with Hugh Freeze and his hookers.

Hell of a story.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1