• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone watching Hard Knocks tonight?

NAS

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I think this narrative that the Jets somehow game planned and did all this extra stuff....is largely just a fanbase coping with the fact the unreal expectations are already having to come down a bit so soon. 

They stunted.  That's a pretty vanilla aspect to a DL.  You practice that like everything else. I'm pretty sure the Jets even did it practice that week.   It's like a QB pump faking and claiming that is unfair to do in a preseason game.  Claiming that's gameplanning because your DB bought hard on it.

This has been going on for ages on here after a preseason loss. "Oh ... well of course we lost. We were playing basic as basic gets and they were playing Playoffs level ball." EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

• Beer 1

I think the Jets O-line will be what holds them back this year. They are in much worse shape than us. I think we will be ok once the season actually starts. 

Also, if I remember correctly, we scored in the final 2-minute drills with all starters, and they didn’t. Just throwing it out there.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That's probably deliberate.

Bullshit

The producers of a hbo show under a hard deadline working with a 5ish day window isn't editing under the premise of making the carolina panthers look bad.  That's just moronic to even insinuate 

Edited by mrcompletely11

3 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I'm getting the Bills vibe from last year with the Jets. They have been the #1 story of the off-season. They added all this talent, but people seem to forget Aaron Rodgers is damn near 40 and for whatever reason his game never lives up to the hype come playoffs.

I just don't see how they can get through the AFC. I'm certainly not picking them over Mahomes or Burrow. 

Wish them luck, but I feel the media is over hyping them.

That defense is legit though, top 5 for sure. That goes a long way

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Bullshit

The producers of a hbo show under a hard deadline working with a 5ish day window isn't editing under the premise of making the carolina panthers look bad.  That's just moronic to even insinuate 

Bro they're editors. I've not watched Hard Knocks ever nor the last preseason game but editing things to look more dramatic and/or heroic and to make someone look worse is editing for tv 101. 

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Bullshit

The producer isn’t working to make the Panthers look bad correct. However, the Jets do have a much heavier hand in what is allowed to be shown and the final edit than in years past.