• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Preseason Game #2 - who impressed/who disappointed

TheSpecialJuan

watched the first two drives (will zip through the rest later)

Liked seeing Bryce have some time in the pocket. Yes, he overthrew a few players - but was that an issue with Bryce or blown coverage or something else?

Liked seeing the refs call a Roughing the Passer on the Giants. Can't recall the last time Carolina was on the beneficial end of a Roughing penalty.

Based solely on the few plays I watched -- things looked significantly better than last week.  Are there still improvements to be made? YES. Did we make progress this past week? DEFINITELY

• Pie 1

I actually like some things that DJ Johnson did. He made a superb one-on-one tackle on the Giants QB off a play action bootleg that I’ve seen many players miss. If he misses that tackle the Giants QB is still running.

Blackshear has been mentioned and I agree, I really like his shiftiness. He seems to have a lot of twitch and his vision and burst seems to be better than Hubbard’s.

I also thought Deion Jones played well, he had some nice sticks at the LOS and generated some pressure on the Giants QB.

And finally I was impressed with the Giants inability to line up onside for the duration of the first half. That was an amazing display of either not giving a fug or having no idea where the actual LOS is.

One player I was not impressed with was Eric Rowe, guy is not twitchy at all and was getting eaten alive on post routes. God help him if the receiver doesn’t run in a straight line causes he’s toast.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1