• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Isaiah Simmons traded to Giants

NAS

1 hour ago, CRA said:

it the tweener problem.  Simmons never really fit anywhere in college.  So, he sort of fit everywhere.  Just let a raw athlete be that.   Problem is the NFL needs guys that do specific things very well. 

and even Chinn sort of falls into that to some degree.   What is Chinn? A really talented dude we can't really figure out what to do with.  At least to date.  

Really good point.  Jamal Adams comes to mind also.  

"Positionless" sounds good, and it can be in terms of versatility.  But at the NFL level, you need to be really good at least some things.  A guy that can do everything but not do anything well isn't going to succeed.

And as much as I love Chinn, we need to see this coaching staff figure out how to use him to justify resigning him to a big contract.  I personally think he needs to be closer to the LOS of scrimmage more often than not b/c to me that's where most of his splash plays come (like that run play last week he stopped for like a 5-yard loss).

Chinn has the versatility to cover guys, but he can't cover elite receivers and that needs to be taken into consideration.  I don't like the idea of him ever being the deep safety.  Von Bell & Xavier Woods need to be the traditional safeties.

Anyway, we signed an "all-star" cast to figure this out.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, CRA said:

QBs and WRs have had a pretty good run. 

But yeah, their defensive guys sort of hint at the system and collective in Clemson being the real key there.   They have a lot of really good guys generally playing together on the line.  It's been an insanely deep position of late in Clemson.  Their weakest links are stronger than other teams and I think helps everyone to look their best.   Lot of those guys wouldn't have looked as good on less talented lines most likely. 

He is a UNC Walmart stan. He is incapable of seeing past his biases and supports one of the most corrupt athletic programs in the country. It will be fun to watch their rapid decline into irrelevancy as the college sports landscape changes. They don’t have SEC money. 

16 hours ago, NAS said:

Clearly he underachieved but the athletic potential is there. A 7th rounder is an equivalent of a bag of chips

Not many players get this far into their career, look as bad as he has and end up making it.

He has looked like a bust and he will likely be a bust.

Edited by kungfoodude

On 8/24/2023 at 12:17 PM, mrcompletely11 said:

dexter lawrence nods approvingly

On 8/24/2023 at 1:31 PM, 1of10Charnatives said:

Spoken like a man who has never experienced the sheer bliss of Honey Mustard Pringles. I would not trade you my secret stash of them for Isiah Simmons.

Lays sour cream and onion you can have.