• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

FYI: Cuts begin today

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, Wundrbread33 said:

… he may just be terrible shedding blocks. No matter how great his size is for LB, a 320lb man will still make him look silly if they get their hands on him.

This.  Camp should be where they coach this out of him.  Maybe he is a slow learner?

• Pie 1

46 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

From college.  It was always about potential but never actual play

He had a pretty decent colllege resume for a 4th rounder. Was 3rd team all Big Ten and Butkus Award Semifinalist. I think thats a bit more than potential.... but i guess its subjective.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 1

9 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

This.  Camp should be where they coach this out of him.  Maybe he is a slow learner?

I think he makes the team based on special teams. He sometimes beats the gunners down the field after initially blocking. He shows off his speed on kickoffs too. And he hits like a truck. 

Maybe he makes a career being a gangster on special teams. 

We loved Karl Hankton and he never was a usable wide out. He was just a pro and a team leader on special teams. 

• Beer 1

32 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I think he makes the team based on special teams. He sometimes beats the gunners down the field after initially blocking. He shows off his speed on kickoffs too. And he hits like a truck. 

Maybe he makes a career being a gangster on special teams. 

We loved Karl Hankton and he never was a usable wide out. He was just a pro and a team leader on special teams. 

Possibly. Based on the current (meaningless) depth chart, he is way, way down on the list of LB's. I've seen good things from him last year and in preseason, I'm just not sure on his consistency. Considering he is going into year 2, I'd think they would keep him, give him a year under the new coaching staff and one more offseason.

4 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I think Wright was cut.  I think they like Jensen and he could take McCray's job since Mays can play all 3 interior line spots--that is going to be interesting.  Rowe?  I think he is gone.  Franklin seemed to play well and they are going to keep Jammie.

Edit: Was referring to R. Wright, CB. Missed your point

WR Wright.  I should have specified since we had more that one.  This is only due to injuries if he does. If all the dinged up WRs are slated to be good to go by week 1, he's a goner too.

• Pie 1

Any player(s) y'all think Fitts is trying to deal?  Doesn't have to be a big name and not necessarily for a boat load of compensation.  Examples being Corral, Shi Smith, Tremble, McCray, YGM or Henderson.  All bubble-type players.  Better to get a 6th or 7th rounder than to cut them outright and get zilch.

Thoughts?

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Any player(s) y'all think Fitts is trying to deal?  Doesn't have to be a big name and not necessarily for a boat load of compensation.  Examples being Corral, Shi Smith, Tremble, McCray, YGM or Henderson.  All bubble-type players.  Better to get a 6th or 7th rounder than to cut them outright and get zilch.

Thoughts?

I imagine there have been conversation about Corral, YGM, and Tremble or Thomas. 

The staff also really likes Spencer Brown so I guess Blackshear is a possibility.

3 hours ago, therealmjl said:

Was he actually serious? I thought maybe he accidentally typed in Young’s name. Didn’t bother going back for any context.

Was I serious about Young having to be an exceptional player to justify spending 5 premium picks to acquire him?

Yes. 

3 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Was I serious about Young having to be an exceptional player to justify spending 5 premium picks to acquire him?

Yes. 

QB values are through the roof. It’s the most important position in sports by a long shot and trading a solid WR, 2nd, future 1st, and (even further) future 2nd to flip picks all the way to the top of the draft is great value for one. If Young turns this franchise around and has us back in the playoffs we absolutely crushed that trade.