• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Corral has been cut

TheSpecialJuan

57 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I definitely get the impression you don't have a clue about how Frank Reich operates 😕

Maybe you could explain what how Frank operates has to do with not liking the scapegoating done in the NFL when things get bad?  Or the standard praise and of how well everyone matchups/works together when someone new is brought in? 

5 minutes ago, frankw said:

Here on the huddle a lot of people would have you believe Scott Fitterer has been pressured into moves that ended up being bad for the team. But the moves that ended up being good are definitely all him. Seeing a repeat of the worship like behavior we saw with Gettleman once upon a time.

I like Fitt. I think he’s made more good than bad so far. I also think that is true for the top GMs in the league. The expectations for perfection are completely unrealistic around here. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, pantherclaw said:

This was going to happen the moment we acquired the first pick in this last draft. 

No. He could've earned a protected spot as an emergency QB but he was bad. I'd like to see what he could do on San Francisco's Practice Squad for a year. He's got the Shanahan skillset. 

Just now, pantherclaw said:

This was going to happen the moment we acquired the first pick in this last draft. 

Just about every total new staff, brings in "their" guy at QB.

best deal is this maybe the best QB coaching staff in panther history, in fact it is. 

5 minutes ago, Martin said:

I like Fitt. I think he’s made more good than bad so far. I also think that is true for the top GMs in the league. The expectations for perfection are completely unrealistic around here. 

Overall I concur. The bad cannot be overlooked though because we are still waiting on his first winning season as GM. The longer the wait the more amplified his failures will be because as some folks have told us over the years here repeatedly. You are what your record says. That's just the nature of the business. Hopefully we can string together a better record this season.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, frankw said:

Here on the huddle a lot of people would have you believe Scott Fitterer has been pressured into moves that ended up being bad for the team. But the moves that ended up being good are definitely all him. Seeing a repeat of the worship like behavior we saw with Gettleman once upon a time.

It's hard to know what was Fitts and what was Rhule other than Fitts was drafting certain types of guys that fit the Rhule mold and scheme, whatever the hell that was. I'm not impressed with his panic moves the past 2 years, first with MC and this year with Johnson. We'll see what happens with his other picks, but right now, he's pretty much middle of the road, not great, not terrible, just meh. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

It's hard to know what was Fitts and what was Rhule other than Fitts was drafting certain types of guys that fit the Rhule mold and scheme, whatever the hell that was. I'm not impressed with his panic moves the past 2 years, first with MC and this year with Johnson. We'll see what happens with his other picks, but right now, he's pretty much middle of the road, not great, not terrible, just meh. 

Very reasonable take.

I like Scott Fitterer too. As far as the question of what was him and what was Rhule. I'll just leave you with this. He's been outspoken on his thoughts about Ian Thomas being an asset for us despite the results showing the complete opposite. He's got some flaws.

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

thats "shoulders" aka cody form the C3 podcast. bad take and i never got into their podcast too much cringe and talking over each other. 

I like it because its just seems like regular dudes that love the panther talking about the team.  Cody does try and take a professional scout take way too much.  Screaming about Corral being an all world prospect and saying brady christenson is a better LT then icky are just 2 of his wild ass takes.  He needs to leave the scouting reviews at the door and just talk panthers