• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Corral has been cut

TheSpecialJuan

1 minute ago, DJ feed me moore said:

anyone who was a UNC fan would tell you that mitch was going to flame out. Just absolutely mind boggling after watching him and Watson in the same season that anyone would come away thinking he has more potential. If we hit on Bryce and Fields flames out the bears org might win clown franchise of the century.

True.  But the opposite side of that coin sits out there too.  Fields hitting and Bryce not.  That’s a catastrophe.    Then we are the #1 clown show.  Because Fields fell to us and we passed, then we gave them DJ Moore, and 2 first rounders. 

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Yeah, that’s largely why I like my HC and GM to be paired up.  It’s prevents the scapegoating and deflecting game.

You're in luck then, because our current head coach and GM seem to be working pretty well with each other.

The two of them share similar approaches and ideas when it comes to roster building.

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You're in luck then, because our current head coach and GM seem to be working pretty well with each other.

The two of them share similar approaches and ideas when it comes to roster building.

That’s always how it starts.  Rhule and Fitt were a terrific match.  They loved each other.   Same with Rhule and Marty.  Marty and Ron round 2.  Same with Asshole Gettlemen and Ron. 

everyone is a perfect fit in the honeymoon start 

but as soon as the results don’t come. Fitt is the first to be ran over.  nature of the beast.  See it in front offices and even coaching staffs.  NFL teams love a fall guy.  Even if no one buys it lol.  It’s totally my QB.  I mean it’s the OC.  Wait it was the GM.  The rest of us know what we are doing. 

If we're interested in him at all, we'll have no problem bringing him back on the practice squad.

There's no danger of him getting scooped up.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if we picked up a different QB.

I just can't see Corral catching on anywhere. This preseason was the moment to show what he has and I think he did. There just wasn't much.

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

That’s always how it starts.  Rhule and Fitt were a terrific match.  They loved each other.   Same with Rhule and Marty.  Marty and Ron round 2.  Same with Asshole Gettlemen and Ron. 

but as soon as the results don’t come. Fitt is the first to be ran over.  nature of the beast.  See it in front offices and even coaching staffs.  NFL teams love a fall guy.  Even if no one buys it lol.  It’s totally my QB.  I mean it’s the OC.  Wait it was the GM.  The rest of us know what we are doing. 

I definitely get the impression you don't have a clue about how Frank Reich operates 😕

2 hours ago, frankw said:

We cannot absolve Fitterer of that he was very vocal about Corral being part of our future on draft night.

Can't keep blaming Rhule for everything.

Every GM says that about every draft pick they make lol

You dont draft someone then say "Yeah im not too high on this guy going forward"

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

23 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Hell, some of the same people claiming the price might be too high were ready to give up more than that for Deshaun Watson 😂

I wasn't a big fan of trading all the way up to #1 myself...until I saw what we actually ended up paying. It was nowhere near as bad as I might have expected.

And yeah, if Young works out it's pretty much worth it.

Right! Imagine giving up all those picks like Cleveland AND  paying an insane guaranteed contract to a creep who is looking washed up. 

Edited by NAS

27 minutes ago, CRA said:

I'm completely fine with cleaning house if this iteration doesn't work. Get rid of both at the same time, start over with a GM, let him hire his Coach.

41 minutes ago, tecc86 said:

Every GM says that about every draft pick they make lol

You dont draft someone then say "Yeah im not too high on this guy going forward"

Here on the huddle a lot of people would have you believe Scott Fitterer has been pressured into moves that ended up being bad for the team. But the moves that ended up being good are definitely all him. Seeing a repeat of the worship like behavior we saw with Gettleman once upon a time.

58 minutes ago, rayzor said:

If we're interested in him at all, we'll have no problem bringing him back on the practice squad.

There's no danger of him getting scooped up.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if we picked up a different QB.

I just can't see Corral catching on anywhere. This preseason was the moment to show what he has and I think he did. There just wasn't much.

He has no future here, its best for both sides to move on.