• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer setting low expectations.

Tbe

2 hours ago, Smithers said:

Idk - at the end of the day it’s a business and his reputation and career is on the line.  Why take the blame for endless failed draft picks (especially when the other guy happily blamed you) unless you had a part in it.  I get taking the high road and all, but it’s a sorry frog that doesn’t croak for his own Lilly pad. Especially when your reputation is on the line.  

Matt Rhule said he they all had a part in it and he wasn't running things like some in the media suggested simply because someone found out a line existed in a contract.   That seemed to always annoy Rhule.  Rhule and Fitt basically both acknowledge the same reality.  When employed together and when not. 

and Rhule spoke on not wielding that language like a king the day Fitt was hired and when he was asked to leave.   

• Pie 1

but good on Fitt for putting things in prospective for folks.  Some of the fanbase were putting the bar on what to expect from a rookie QB on absurd levels.   The finish is what is going to matter.  It should be a normal and bumpy start. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

3 hours ago, Mage said:

Yessir.  Bryce is going to win OROY.  Defense will finish 9th in the league in points allowed.  Passing game will be low-volume, but very efficient and few turnovers.  Panthers finish 10-7, good enough to win the division.  

We will lose in the 1st round but it will be a close-outing and be enough to get Panthers fans more excited for the next season than ever before.

10-7 wins the division??? I don’t think so. Have you seen the Aint’s schedule? I highly doubt they lose 8 games. Just being real.

I hope you are correct though.

3 hours ago, Smithers said:

Idk - at the end of the day it’s a business and his reputation and career is on the line.  Why take the blame for endless failed draft picks (especially when the other guy happily blamed you) unless you had a part in it.  I get taking the high road and all, but it’s a sorry frog that doesn’t croak for his own Lilly pad. Especially when your reputation is on the line.  

This. There is difference between taking the high road and exactly being honest about what happened. They both sat in on those meetings and collaborated in evaluations. Decisions were made with everybody being comfortable its never just one person. More importantly when a coach or GM gets fired they almost always throw the blame or give elaborate excuses and you can best believe they do same thing when applying for other jobs. Rivera was no different.

Edited by CPF4LIFE

31 minutes ago, CRA said:

Matt Rhule said he they all had a part in it and he wasn't running things like some in the media suggested simply because someone found out a line existed in a contract.   That seemed to always annoy Rhule.  Rhule and Fitt basically both acknowledge the same reality.  When employed together and when not. 

and Rhule spoke on not wielding that language like a king the day Fitt was hired and when he was asked to leave.   

Well, if Rhule said it...

(we all know we can count on his honesty and transparency) 🫥

37 minutes ago, CRA said:

Yeah I'm sure I saw an on camera interview where Rhule said he didn't have the time or inclination to run everything or act as some sort of co-gm. He left the GM stuff to Fitt was the impression I got from the interview. Now was he lying? Who knows?

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

@mrcompletely11 Fitt said the playoffs are obtainable.

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

sure they are obtainable, but its not realistic, that was more of a generic type coach speak and I suspect you know this.  Of course he is going to say the goal is to win, why wouldnt he say that?

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

So if the goal is to win. Why can't I think making the playoffs are realistic!

My goodness man how hard is that to accept. It's not a crime to think playoffs are realistic in this weak division.

I agree with both of you playoffs are obtainable not that realistic but obtainable if things go our way. Also I think he’s trying to lower expectations so if we over deliver it’ll be a major bonus for where we’re at in this rebuild. First yes we’ve been rebuilding for awhile but it was with a coach who doesn’t know how to build. So we had to restart the process to try to get it right.

Let me jump into the playoffs now argument if we step outside of our team and scan the NFC it makes things a little clearer. I’ll try to give a quick assessment teams with elite talent all around and top notch coaching they should be put ahead of us as of now things do change in the league fast but we’re using realistic what we know now judgements…49ers Seahawks Phila Dallas NYG (you choose Minn/GB somebody has to represent the N both have playmakers a strong Oline and GB has a good defense) you could swap Det for the NYG that leaves one playoff spot left. Vegas and the rest of the nfl world has the Saints winning the division from the outside in it’s makes sense. Vet QB strong Oline multiple playmakers on offense (rookie of the year WR offensive player of the year MT) a top ranked defense and a coaching staff who’s returning not like us just learning a scheme. Or an aging but still good WR AT oft injured WR Chark and young inexperienced Mingo/TMJ. If you watch a lot of football it makes pure sense to say it can happen it’s obtainable but it’s more of stretch then we like to admit. Who’s more likely to perform better a vet with weapons all around him or a rookie with a few good pieces around him. No matter how large my homer glasses are it’s hard to say we with this roster out preform these teams weekly and make the playoffs when all those other teams are ahead of us in talent and cohesion and that’s what matters most. But I’ll still probably put 200 on us to win the NFC at Kings Mtn tomorrow because it pays out 10k and I’m a big time homer.

• Pie 1